Ashok Leyland’s sales grow, Bajaj Auto dip in JulyAugust 2nd, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 2 (IANS) City-based commercial vehicle major Ashok Leyland Ltd closed July with higher sales compared to the number of vehicles sold during the same month in 2011, while Bajaj Auto’s sales went down.
In a statement issued here Thursday, Ashok Leyland said it had sold 9,785 units last month up from 7,834 units sold in July 2011.
The growth in sales is due to the company’s light commercial vehicle (LCV) Dost that logged sales of 2,803 units. In the heavy commercial vehicles segment, Ashok Leyland posted negative sales during the period under review.
The company sold 6,982 units last month down from 7,834 units sold in July 2011.
Meanwhile the Pune-based two- and three-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto Ltd sold 344,150 units last month down from 363,712 units sold in July 2011.
The company’s exports went down by 13 percent during the period under review to 125,501 units.
Bajaj Auto expects partial recovery in Sri Lanka and Egypt and further gains are expected in August.
- Ashok Leyland Nissan rolls out Dost light commercial vehicle - Jul 22, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's June sales down six percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Mahindra & Mahindra grows 19 percent in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q1 sales up 14 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's December sales growth slows - Jan 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's March sales up nine percent - Apr 03, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Tata Motors' July sales down six percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Ashok Leyland net in 2011-12 down by 10 percent - May 14, 2012
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011