Ashok Leyland sales down in SeptemberOctober 9th, 2008 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 9 (IANS) Leading commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland saw sales slump 1,055 units to 6,186 units last month, compared to 7,241 units sold in September 2007. However, last month’s sales were up 1,367 units from that of August this year.
Laden with unsold stock during the past couple of months, the company cut down its production in September to 4,873 units, which was 6,546 units in the year-ago period.
Ashok Leyland produced 6,568 units in August this year. During the first six months of this fiscal, the company manufactured 41,233 units and sold 35,632 units.
Exports logged 53 percent growth last month at 732 units against 480 units in the year-ago period.
- Ashok Leyland's sales grow, Bajaj Auto dip in July - Aug 02, 2012
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- US retail sales up in September - Oct 16, 2011
- Ashok Leyland bags Rs.125 crore order - Dec 13, 2010
- Ashok Leyland sales jump 103 percent - Dec 02, 2009
- Leyland-Deere to enter wheel-loader segment in 2013 - Nov 22, 2011
- Pantnagar plant to be ready by April, says Ashok Leyland - Oct 01, 2009
- Bajaj Auto records highest ever vehicle sales in August - Sep 02, 2011
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV to roll out LCVs in 2011 - Apr 29, 2010
- Nissan to export 20 percent of mini-vans made in India - Jul 31, 2011
- Car sales jump 31 percent in July (Lead) - Aug 10, 2009
- SIAM hopes auto sales will pick up from mid-September - Sep 02, 2011