Ashok Leyland prices Dost LCV at Rs.379,000September 13th, 2011 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 12 (IANS) Commercial vehicle major Ashok Leyland will launch more products made by its joint venture with Nissan Motor Company over the next two years, said an official here Monday.
Speaking to reporters at the commercial launch of its light commercial vehicle (LCV) Dost, Dheeraj G. Hinduja, chairman, said: “With Dost we are providing Japanese quality product at Indian prices. In the next two years we will be launching more models.”
Dost with a total payload capacity of 1.22 tonnes is priced from Rs.379,000 to Rs.439,000 (ex-showroom, Chennai).
He said the company was open for acquisitions overseas for accelerated growth.
The 51:49 joint venture company Ashok Leyland Nissan Vehicles plans to produce 55,000 units in the first phase.
According to V. Sumantran, executive vice chairman, Hinduja Automotive Ltd., during the first phase, the joint venture will also make a mini van and a 6.5 tonnes goods carrier.
Ashok Leyland plans to export Dost and has identified three countries.
Currently Dost is made at Ashok Leyland’s Hosur factory and the company plans to set up a new plant near here.
“We have not firmed up the investment in the proposed facility. The outlay would be determined by the market conditions,” said R. Seshasayee, executive vice chairman at Ashok Leyland.
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Ashok Leyland Nissan rolls out Dost light commercial vehicle - Jul 22, 2011
- Ashok Leyland Nissan to roll out LCVs in mid-2011 - Jun 01, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan joint venture to roll out light trucks by 2011 - Jun 02, 2010
- Nissan to export 20 percent of mini-vans made in India - Jul 31, 2011
- Leyland-Deere to enter wheel-loader segment in 2013 - Nov 22, 2011
- Nitin Seth is Ashok Leyland's executive director - Dec 14, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV to roll out LCVs in 2011 - Apr 29, 2010
- Ashok Leyland may get into car manufacturing with Nissan - Mar 04, 2010
- Ashok Leyland net in 2011-12 down by 10 percent - May 14, 2012
- Ashok Leyland to go slow on raising debt - Nov 11, 2010
- Vinod Dasari to be in Ashok Leyland's driver seat - Jan 22, 2011
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan truck to hit the road mid-2010 - Aug 28, 2009
- Ashok Leyland takes 26 percent stake in British Optare - Jul 29, 2010
- Ashok Leyland to invest Rs.2000 crore over two years - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: acquisitions, ashok leyland, dheeraj, executive vice, hinduja, hosur, japanese quality, joint venture company, launch, lcv, mini van, nissan, nissan motor, nissan motor company, nissan vehicles, outlay, payload capacity, quality product, tonnes, vice chairman