Ashok Chawla new finance secretary, Brahma power secretaryMay 12th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) The government Tuesday appointed Economic Affairs Secretary Ashok Chawla as the new finance secretary and H.S. Brahma as power secretary.
Brahma was serving as a special secretary at the National Disaster Management Authority in the home ministry.
He took over the new assignment Tuesday, a government statement said.
Chawla, a 1973 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from the Gujarat cadre, has also been given additional charge of the Department of Financial Services. He was also the secretary of the civil aviation ministry earlier.
Brahma, a 1975 batch IAS officer from Andhra Pradesh cadre has held various significant assignments in different sectors, including the energy sector, the statement said.
- Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new election commissioner - Aug 07, 2012
- Brahma is new election commissioner - Aug 25, 2010
- H S Brahma new Secretary of Ministry of Power - May 12, 2009
- R Gopalan appointed Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Jan 31, 2011
- K. Chandramouli is new health secretary - Dec 01, 2010
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Harishankar Brahma appointed as Election Commissioner - Aug 24, 2010
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- Ashok Chawla appointed on State Bank board - May 14, 2009
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- P.K. Pradhan takes over as health secretary - Oct 17, 2011
- R.K. Singh to succeed Pillai as home secretary (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- R. Chandrashekhar takes charge as DOT Secretary - Sep 24, 2010
- Sampath assumes office as new Chief Election Commissioner - Jun 11, 2012
- S.K. Tripathi to take charge of RAW Thursday (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: ashok, brahma, civil aviation ministry, different sectors, disaster management, economic affairs, energy sector, finance secretary, financial services, government statement, gujarat, home ministry, indian administrative service, management authority, national disaster, New Delhi, new finance, power secretary