Ashok Chawla appointed on State Bank boardMay 14th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 14 (IANS) The country’s largest lender, the State Bank of India, Thursday said it had appointed Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla as a director on its board.
The appointment became effective May 13.
The government had appointed Chawla, who was Economic Affairs Secretary, as the new finance secretary May 12.
Chawla, a 1973 batch Indian Administrative Service officer from the Gujarat cadre, has also been given additional charge of the Department of Financial Services.
He was also secretary in the civil aviation ministry earlier.
- R Gopalan appointed Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Jan 31, 2011
- Ashok Chawla new finance secretary, Brahma power secretary - May 12, 2009
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma takes over as Secretary in Finance Ministry - Feb 09, 2011
- Arvind Mayaram appointed economic affairs secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Air India chief Jadhav being axed - Aug 12, 2011
- Sharma is new secretary, department of financial services - Feb 09, 2011
- Nambiar takes over from Chawla as aviation secretary (Lead) - Sep 15, 2008
- New chief, turnaround strategy for Air India soon (Roundup) - Aug 12, 2011
- Air India gets new chief, turnaround strategy soon (Intro Roundup) - Aug 12, 2011
- M. Nambiar is new civil aviation secretary - Sep 15, 2008
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- AI staff morale, financial health top priority: New chief - Aug 12, 2011
- Rajamony to oversee multilateral agencies at finance ministry - Oct 05, 2010
- Ashok Chawla joins as Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs - Sep 17, 2008
Tags: administrative service officer, appointment, ashok, bank of india, civil aviation ministry, economic affairs, finance secretary, financial services, gujarat, indian administrative service, mumbai, new finance, state bank, state bank of india