Arvind Mayaram appointed economic affairs secretaryJuly 26th, 2012 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) Arvind Mayaram, a 1978 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, will succeed R. Gopalan as economic affairs secretary at the end of this month.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet Thursday approved the appointment Mayaram as the economic affairs secretary.
An IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, Mayaram is currently special secretary and financial adviser, Department of Rural Development.
Mayaram will succeed R. Gopalan, who retires July 31, 2012.
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- R Gopalan appointed Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Jan 31, 2011
- Shashi Kant Sharma takes over as Secretary in Finance Ministry - Feb 09, 2011
- Chidambaram gets into African Development Bank - Aug 24, 2012
- Sharma is new secretary, department of financial services - Feb 09, 2011
- Sangita Gairola is new culture secretary - Feb 29, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- Sudripto Roy Himachal's new chief secretary - May 01, 2012
- K. Chandramouli is new health secretary - Dec 01, 2010
- Pulok Chatterjee to be back in PMO soon - Jul 26, 2011
- R.K. Singh named home secretary (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- R.K. Singh to succeed Pillai as home secretary (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Seth assumes charge as cabinet secretary (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new election commissioner - Aug 07, 2012
- Mumbai gets a new civic chief - Apr 30, 2012