Argentine president calls for greater cooperationJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Havana, Jan 21 (Prensa Latina) Visiting Argentinean President Cristina Fernandez Wednesday called for greater unification of the Latin American countries through cooperation.During a meeting with her Cuban counterpart Raul Castro, the Argentine president discussed issues related to the regional economy and impact of globalisation.
Earlier in the day, she visited the Latin American School of Medicine, where Argentine students are pursuing scholarship programmes.
She will be travelling to Venezuela after completing her visit here.
She praised the governments of Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay for their efforts to promote regional cooperation.
Fernandez also praised Barack Obama’s inauguration as US president.
She also attended the concluding session of a business summit held here to promote commerce between the two countries.
She said her visit to Cuba is the beginning of a new era in the Cuba-Argentina relations.
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Fidel Castro holds surprise meeting with visiting Argentinean president (Lead) - Jan 22, 2009
- Cuba, China to enhance military cooperation - Oct 28, 2011
- Unasur summit to open in Argentina Tuesday - May 03, 2010
- Raul Castro hints at easing of Cuba's migration policy - Aug 02, 2011
- Argentine minister found dead at summit - Dec 21, 2011
- Cuba, Venezuela sign joint projects worth over $3 bn - Dec 13, 2009
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- Paraguayan president's ouster is not coup: US - Jun 26, 2012
- Che Guevara's motorcycle companion dead - Mar 06, 2011
- Raul Castro's daughter launches blog - Dec 23, 2011
- Maradona expresses admiration of Castro - Jul 25, 2010
- 'Two more Latin American presidents will get cancer' - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: argentine president, barack obama, bolivia, brazil paraguay, business summit, counterpart, cuba, governments, havana, inauguration, jan 21, latin american countries, new era, prensa latina, raul castro, regional cooperation, regional economy, scholarship programmes, school of medicine, unification