Argentina’s economic growth slows downMay 19th, 2012 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, May 19 (IANS) Argentina’s economic growth rate slowed down significantly in the first quarter of 2012, compared on a yearly basis, according to a report published by the nation’s statistic agency.
The official data showed that the growth rate was 4.8 percent in the first three months of this year, falling by more than four percentage points compared with the same period of last year, reported Xinhua.
Economic activity in March rose by 4 percent year-on-year and 0.5 percent over that in February, which is the lowest in the past 28 months, said the report Friday.
It noted that macroeconomic performances in Argentina are still sound despite declining growth rates.
The country’s tax revenue was 148.49 billion Argentine pesos ($33.29 billion) in the first quarter of 2012, up 29.1 percent year-on-year.
Its trade surplus reached $2.9 billion in the period, higher than that registered in the same period last year.
The Argentine government expects the economic growth rate in 2012 to reach 5.1 percent, but many experts put it between 3.4 to 4 percent due to high inflation and sluggish global economy, among other factors.
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- China's 2011 fiscal revenue hits $1.64 trillion - Jan 20, 2012
- China's GDP growth slows to 8.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- India's inflation soars to 7.55 percent in August (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- China's GDP falls to two-year low - Oct 19, 2011
- India's exports drop by 5.45 percent in June - Aug 01, 2012
- China's Q3 GDP grows at slowest pace in two years - Oct 18, 2011
- China's power consumption rises - Apr 14, 2012
- China's September trade surplus drops - Oct 13, 2011
- Argentine oil firm made $3 bn investments in 2011 - Feb 09, 2012
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows - Jul 13, 2012
- No impact of uncertainty on IT business: Premji (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- China's GDP to grow by 8.8 percent in 2012 - Jan 03, 2012
- Indian economy grows at a sluggish 5.5 percent in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- China's GDP growth sees moderate slowdown (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: argentina, argentine government, argentine pesos, economic activity, economic growth rate, first quarter, first three months, global economy, inflation, percentage points, statistic, trade surplus, xinhua