Argentina sees wind energy projects creating 10,000 jobsJune 11th, 2012 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, June 11 (IANS/EFE) The government is working with the private sector to develop wind energy projects in Argentina under a plan that could create 10,000 jobs and produce 1,000 MW of electricity within eight years, the industry ministry said.
Wind farm developers, other companies involved in the sector and financial institutions have been asked to work on the development of the plan, the ministry said in a statement.
The wind energy industry has announced plans in recent months to invest $335 million in projects in Argentina, the ministry said.
The Industrial Projects and Capital Goods Engineering Association has created the “Argentine wind cluster”, which brings together companies dedicated to developing wind energy projects, the ministry said.
The companies involved in the project expect to substitute imports valued at $1.75 billion annually, developing 500 domestic suppliers for the industry, the ministry said.
“Argentine industry has the capacity to supply between 70 percent and 80 percent of the necessary inputs demanded by the domestic market,” Sica Metalurgica Argentina executive Jorge Simonutti said.
- Wind to account for 15 percent of Mexico's electricity mix - Feb 16, 2012
- Argentina says oil company owes $8 mn in tax - Feb 16, 2012
- Argentina blocks supplies for oil exploration in Falklands - Feb 12, 2010
- Cell phone service restored after outage in Argentina (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Argentine oil firm looks to attract investors - Aug 31, 2012
- Outage cuts cell phone service in Argentina - Apr 03, 2012
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Argentina to nationalize Spanish-controlled oil company - Apr 17, 2012
- 10 cops charged in gang rape of teenaged boy - Jan 22, 2012
- Argentine oil firm made $3 bn investments in 2011 - Feb 09, 2012
- Venezuela, Argentina sign 25 accords - Apr 21, 2010
- Argentina orders lowering of wholesale diesel prices - Jan 28, 2012
- Venezuela to invest $45 bn to build, maintain refineries - Oct 01, 2011
- Argentina criticises Britain over Falklands oil drilling - Feb 03, 2010
- World's richest man to invest $1.5 bn in Argentina - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,