ArcelorMittal to cut 800 jobs in BelgiumDecember 9th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Dec 9 (IANS) Steel manufacturer ArcelorMittal are set to retrench 800 jobs in Belgium, online news agency EuAsiaNews said quoting media reports. Only white collar workers will be affected by the measure, the agency said Tuesday.
The steel producer is cutting 9,000 jobs worldwide, with around 6,000 people being retrenched across Europe, it said quoting VRT radio and television network.
ArcelorMittal’s Ghent plant will see 200 job cuts, 350 jobs are to go in Liege, up to 200 in Charleroi and 100 jobs are expected to be axed in Limburg.
- Belgian trade union files complaint against ArcelorMittal - Feb 21, 2012
- ArcelorMittal shuts down blast furnace at Belgian plant - Apr 08, 2009
- ArcelorMittal workers demonstrate against job losses - Feb 11, 2009
- ArcelorMittal to halt production in Belgian plant: reports - Oct 31, 2008
- Bhatt to shoot 'Blood Money' in Belgian city this month - Aug 07, 2011
- Arcelor-Mittal to re-open furnace in Belgium plant - Jul 05, 2009
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- ArcelorMittal asks Poland to stop Russian steel import - Apr 11, 2009
- Europe's oldest man living in Belgium - Oct 31, 2011
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- EU approves acquisition of Dutch company by ArcelorMittal - Jul 08, 2009
- ArcelorMittal cuts down on Canadian operations - Apr 09, 2009
- ArcelorMittal set to buy Canadian iron ore company for $433 million - Dec 16, 2010
- ArcelorMittal Liberia announces first iron ore shipment - Mar 20, 2012
- Arcelor-Mittal to delay India steel projects - Apr 15, 2009