Apple to unveil new iPhoneSeptember 28th, 2011 - 2:37 am ICT by IANS
San Francisco, Sep 28 (IANS) Apple Inc looks set to introduce its iPhone 5 at a special event next week.
The invitation-only event will be held Oct 4 at Apple campus in Cupertino, California, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
This could be the first big product launch by the newly installed chief executive officer Tim Cook after he took over the reins of Apple from Steve Jobs in August.
According to US media reports, the iPhone 5 is expected to have a larger screen, a higher resolution camera and a faster dual-core A5 chip on which the iPad 2 runs.
Apple is also reported to release a low-cost and contract- free iPhone model bundled with its cloud computing service iCloud.
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple sells every iPad made, profits zoom up 125 percent (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple sells every iPad, profits jump 125 percent - Jul 20, 2011
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
- Apple sues Samsung over Galaxy phones, tablets - Apr 19, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Apple quarterly results exceed expectations - Apr 25, 2012
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: a5, apple campus, chief executive officer, computing service, cupertino california, dual core, invitation, iphone, iphone 5, product launch, reins, resolution camera, san francisco, steve jobs, tim cook, xinhua