Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial SundayOctober 15th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Oct 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Apple Inc. has extended invitations to Silicon Valley’s big names to attend a private memorial service for late Steve Jobs Sunday, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.
“The event will be held at Stanford University’s campus Sunday evening, according to the invitation. It follows a small private funeral held for the Apple co-founder last week,” the newspaper said.
The event will be open for all those who confirm their invitations and will be closed for media representatives.
Jobs, the heart and soul of the computer technologies giant Apple, died of pancreatic cancer Oct 5 at the age of 56, just a day after Apple’s new CEO Tim Cook unveiled the iPhone 4S in the company’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- Apple flash mob to be held in St.Petersburg - Oct 14, 2011
- Jobs changed the world: Medvedev - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple to unveil new iPhone - Sep 28, 2011
- Russia, US to hold anti-terror drill - Oct 04, 2011
- iPhone 4S hits Indian stores, starts at Rs.44,500 (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO - Aug 25, 2011
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- Russia to build fifth-generation bombers - Jun 09, 2012
- $74 bn lost in Fukushima disaster - Oct 14, 2011
- Cameron to visit Moscow - Sep 07, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- Russian woman throws children from 15th floor - Jun 25, 2012
- Gazprom offers gas price discounts to EU firms - Jun 28, 2012
- 11 die as cargo plane crashes in Russia - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: 4s, co founder, computer technologies, cupertino california, giant apple, heart and soul, iphone, media representatives, oct 5, pancreatic cancer, private funeral, private memorial service, ria novosti, silicon valley, snb, stanford university, steve jobs, sunday evening, tim cook, wall street journal