Apple offers iPhone cut and pasteMarch 18th, 2009 - 5:01 am ICT by IANS
San Francisco, March 18 (DPA) Apple unveiled its proposed new software for its genre-defining iPhone Tuesday and gave acolytes of the world’s most popular smartphone the feature they most wanted: the ability to cut and paste text and pictures on the device.
Lack of the cut and paste facility had been one of the main drawbacks of the device, compared to competitors like the Blackberry.
The new software also allows iPhone users to send multi-media messages to other phones, and will enable users to receive turn-by-turn instructions for driving similar to those in use on GPS navigation devices.
iPhone users can also now link to other phones via Bluetooth and automatically be connected to wi-fi hotspots. Voice memos and other audio recording will also be possible with the new software which will be officially released in the summer.
“The new iPhone OS 3.0 is a major software release packed with incredible new features and innovations for iPhone customers and developers alike. It will keep us years ahead of the competition,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide
- Blackberry's Playbook to challenge Apple's iPad - Sep 28, 2010
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Apple releases preview of new Mac operating system - Feb 17, 2012
- BlackBerry's iPad to use US Army's Crusher-vehicle tech - Aug 20, 2010
- Year of tech, tweets, tablets and telecom (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Android phones more desired in US than iPhone or BlackBerry: Report - Apr 27, 2011
- BlackBerry faces stormy AGM as Apple, Google mount pressure - Jul 13, 2010
- Blackberry may launch own tablet by yearend - May 15, 2010
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- iOS4.1 Releasing Today And iPhone Owners Are Excited - Sep 08, 2010
- iPhone 4S sales top 4 mn in first weekend: Apple - Oct 18, 2011
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
- RIM unveils five new BlackBerries - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: apple, blackberry, bluetooth, developers, dpa, genre, gps navigation, innovations, iphone, media messages, multi media, navigation devices, new features, new software, paste facility, schiller, senior vice president, software release, voice memos, worldwide product marketing