Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead)January 11th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 11 (IANS) Apollo Tyres signed a supplementary memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Tamil Nadu government here Tuesday to scale up its investment in a new plant at Oragadam near here from Rs.1,650 crore to Rs.2,100 crore (about $460 million).Apollo Tyres initially planned to invest only Rs.450 crore in the new plant.
According to the state government, the company revised its investment plans so as to roll out 6,000 radial tyres for trucks and buses and 8,000 radial tyres for cars per day.
The supplementary MoU, incorporating the revised incentives offered by the state government to the company, was signed by Rajeev Ranjan, principal secretary (industries department), and K. Prabhakar, chief (projects) of Apollo Tyres, in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister M.K. Stalin.
Speaking to IANS, Vaishali Jajoo, an automotive industry analyst with Angel Broking, said: “A bulk of the radial tyre demand in India is met through imports. Apollo Tyres is in an expansion mode in the recent times.”
She said manufacturing radial tyres is capital intensive than rolling out cross-ply tyres. As the selling price of radial tyres is around 20 percent higher than cross-ply tyres, the margins are better for the former.
- Apollo Tyres raises new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore - Jan 11, 2011
- JK Tyre enters Tamil Nadu with Rs.1500 crore plant - Aug 04, 2010
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- Michelin to roll out radial truck tyres in 2012 - Jul 06, 2011
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- CEAT to set up tyre plant in Bangladesh - Feb 09, 2012
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Tamil Nadu signs three MOUs worth Rs.13,000 crore - Aug 04, 2010
- Samsung urged to invest in photo-voltaic cell facility in Tamil Nadu - Nov 27, 2010
- Kerala firms Rs.20,000-crore refinery expansion project - Sep 14, 2012
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Bridgestone's Madhya Pradesh tyres factory begins production - Jun 15, 2011
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- Tamil Nadu gives tax incentives to 10 investors - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: angel broking, apollo tyres, automotive industry, chief projects, cross ply tyres, deputy chief minister, expansion mode, industry analyst, memorandum of understanding, mou, plant investment, prabhakar, principal secretary, radial tyre, radial tyres, rs 2, supplementary memorandum, tamil nadu government, ups, vaishali