Apollo Tyres acquires Dutch tyremakerMay 18th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) Indian tyremaker Apollo Tyres Monday said it has successfully concluded the acquisition of the bankrupt Dutch company, Vredestein Banden BV, for an undisclosed amount.
Vredestein Banden manufactures premium passenger car tyres and was a 100 percent arm of Russia’s largest tyremaker Amtel-Vredestein.
Apollo, a $1 billion turnover company, said the acquisition will be funded through both internal accruals and external loan finance. The transaction has been conducted through a special purpose vehicle of Apollo, or a holding arm.
Even though the two companies declined comment on the cost of acquisition, reports said it could be in the region of $300 million.
“The parties concerned will be in a position to disclose further information, including the price, only after certain conditions have been met and certain approvals, including regulatory and statutory approvals are granted,” the two companies said.
The century-old Dutch company, which started operations with the procurement of rubber in 1909 and ventured into tyre manufacture in 1946, has a large portfolio of high-end tyres with a manufacturing plant near Amsterdam.
The company has a capacity of 5.5. million tyres per annum.
Apollo said the acquisition will provide the company entry into Europe with manufacturing facility and market and distribution network of VBBV as well as access to high end technology.
The company has four manufacturing units in India and four in Southern Africa, with a greenfield facility currently being built in Chennai.
- Apollo Tyres eyes more revenue from overseas operations - Sep 28, 2010
- Kerala a friendly place for manufacturing units: Apollo Tyres - Sep 13, 2012
- Ruia Group may acquire European auto-component company - Jul 15, 2010
- 'Clarify timeframe on worker deployment at Sahaganj' - Apr 10, 2012
- CEAT to set up tyre plant in Bangladesh - Feb 09, 2012
- Automatic approval to FDI in greenfield pharma projects to continue: RBI - Dec 12, 2011
- Uflex assigns $250 mn for growth, eyes $2-bn revenue by 2015 - Sep 06, 2012
- Ruia Group acquires Germany-based Acument GmbH - Feb 21, 2011
- Ashok Leyland to go slow on raising debt - Nov 11, 2010
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
- Ranbaxy boosts presence in Africa with malaria drug - May 11, 2012
- TVS group acquires Britain-based firm - Mar 27, 2012
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Kemrock to invest $2 bn in Gujarat for speciality polymers - Jan 14, 2011
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,