Apollo opens hospital in MauritusAugust 20th, 2009 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 20 (IANS) The 220-bed Apollo Bramwell Hospital in Mauritius - a joint venture between the city-based healthcare major Apollo Hospital and British American Investment Co - went on stream Thursday.
The new hospital was inaugurated by Mauritius Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam, according to a statement from Apollo Hospital group.
Set up on an investment of $70 million, the hospital will employ 600 staff offering various specialised healthcare services in cardiology, neurology, nephrology and cosmetic surgery, apart from traditional therapies like ayurveda, acupuncture, aromatherapy and music therapy.
“Having established pioneering benchmarks in healthcare, our vision is to build hospitals which serve as destination points for the global healthcare traveller in key international markets,” said Apollo Hospitals chairman Prathap C. Reddy in a statement.
“We believe that Mauritius serves as a strategic location which besides catering to the local population can also address the patient community in the African continent,” Reddy added.
- Apollo's Reddy bets big on Africa, health tourism - Sep 19, 2010
- India seeks Mauritius investment in key sectors - Feb 07, 2012
- Indian healthcare industry poised for rapid growth - Aug 05, 2011
- India keen to enhance economic cooperation with Mauritius - Apr 26, 2011
- Mauritius invites Indian investments - Feb 08, 2012
- Apollo to set up 12 new hospitals - Jan 06, 2011
- Mauritius seeks India's help to boost medical tourism - Dec 25, 2009
- Apollo Hospitals to add 3,000 beds - Sep 09, 2010
- Hospitals, public hail health tax roll back - Mar 22, 2011
- Apollo Hospitals to launch 100 sugar clinics in 90 days - Nov 23, 2011
- Apollo Hospitals to Set up 30 telemedicine units in Africa - Sep 13, 2012
- 'Misery Day' against service tax hike in hospitals - Mar 03, 2011
- Mauritius PM heads to India - Feb 04, 2012
- Appollo plans to set up 50 new hospitals across India - Sep 28, 2010
- Healthcare budget a put off: Private hospitals - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: african continent, american investment, apollo hospital, apollo hospitals, ayurveda, bramwell, cosmetic surgery, destination points, global healthcare, healthcare services, hospital group, international markets, investment co, mauritus, music therapy, nephrology, patient community, specialised healthcare, strategic location, traditional therapies