Apollo Hospitals setting up stem cell research centre in GujaratMarch 21st, 2009 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, March 21 (IANS) The Apollo Hospitals Group Saturday announced plans to establish a stem cell research institute in Gujarat. The Rs.60 crore (Rs. 600 million) project is expected to be completed by the year end.
The healthcare company has tied up with US-based StemCyte Inc, which specialises in stem cell therapy, for the project, according to a statement issued here.
The research facility will come up on 12 acres of land near the Cadila Pharmaceuticals factory on outskirts of Ahmedabad, Apollo Hospitals Group chairman Pratap C. Reddy was quoted as saying in the release.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals is also expected to participate in the stem cell research once the facility becomes fully operational.
Reddy said the company is also planning to establish five rural hospitals across the state and a nursing college near Gandhinagar.
“We are planning to establish a total of 250 rural hospitals in the country in a phased manner. They will be called Apollo Reach hospitals. A total of 25 hospitals would be started immediately involving a cost of Rs.500 million,” he added.
- Indian, US industry bodies ink dozen agreements, deepen economic ties - Nov 24, 2009
- Yash Birla to develop sports university near Hyderabad - Jan 12, 2012
- New dialysis centre for health scheme beneficiaries - Aug 25, 2010
- Apollo Hospitals to add 3,000 beds - Sep 09, 2010
- Apollo Hospitals to invest Rs.1,800 crore in two years - Jan 29, 2010
- World-class Sports City to come up near Hyderabad (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- 'Budget in right direction but short on growth incentives' - Mar 16, 2012
- US firm to set nuclear power equipment plant in Andhra - Feb 24, 2011
- Urals foetuses could be linked to scientific research - Jul 26, 2012
- Orchid Pharma to invest Rs.200 crore in niche segment - Nov 04, 2010
- Apollo may set up more hospitals in West Bengal - Sep 02, 2010
- Quintiles, Apollo launch clinical trials unit in Hyderabad - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Sweden to collaborate in health sector - Feb 20, 2012
- Indian healthcare industry poised for rapid growth - Aug 05, 2011
- Cell therapy for athletic injuries - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: apollo hospitals, cadila pharmaceuticals, crore, gandhinagar, group chairman, gujarat, healthcare company, march 21, nursing college, outskirts, pratap, rs 500, rural hospitals, stem cell research, stem cell therapy, year end