Apex court questions Karnataka on road projectJuly 21st, 2011 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) The Supreme Court Thursday directed the Karnataka government to state the difficulties it was facing in implementing the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project connecting the state capital with Mysore with a four-lane expressway.
An apex court bench of Justice V.S. Sirpurkar, Justice R.M. Lodha and Justice T.S. Thakur asked Karnataka’s Advocate General Ashok Haranahalli to file an affidavit stating what were the impediments in the implementation of the court’s April 20, 2006 judgment that cleared the way for the project.
The court said that the affidavit will also give details of the steps taken by the state government to comply with the judgment.
The court restrained the state government from denotifying the land it had already acquired for the project.
The project is being executed by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE).
The court’s direction to the government came in the course of the hearing of a contempt petition moved by NICE against the government for not aiding in the implementation of the 15-year-old project that was initiated in 1997.
- Apex court give Karnataka time on Mysore corridor - May 04, 2010
- Karnataka asked to explain stand on Nice project - Jan 11, 2010
- Apex court asks Karnataka to expedite corridor project - Oct 27, 2009
- Supreme Court slaps Rs.10 lakh fine on frivolous litigant - Feb 02, 2011
- Corridor dispute: It's over land, stupid! (Lead, With image) - Jan 12, 2010
- Centre of 'bloody' row BMIC 15 years in making (With image) - Jan 12, 2010
- Apex court judge quits hearing on Bangalore-Mysore expressway - Feb 09, 2009
- Gowda fires another salvo at Yeddyurappa - Jan 11, 2010
- BJP workers across Karnataka protest Gowda's foul language - Jan 11, 2010
- Deve Gowda joins farmers' protest against land acquisition - Jan 07, 2010
- Gowda again mouths profanity, advocates wish he gets well soon - Feb 05, 2010
- Apex court criticises Deve Gowda for trying to influence judges - Feb 04, 2009
- Deve Gowda heads farmers to Delhi rally - Mar 07, 2010
- Gowda accuses apex court judge of bias, forces him to abandon lawsuit (Lead) - Feb 09, 2009
- Apex court clears way for Yamuna Expressway - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: advocate general, affidavit, apex, apex court, ashok, bangalore, contempt petition, corridor project, court bench, impediments, implementation, infrastructure, judgment, karnataka government, lane expressway, lodha, New Delhi, state government, supreme court, thakur