Apex court issues notices on Jaipur’s Jal Mahal leaseMay 25th, 2012 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday issued notices to the Rajasthan government and others after the Jal Mahal Resorts Private Ltd. challenged the cancellation of its 99-year lease to run the Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal monument in Jaipur.
The Rajasthan High Court by its May 17 order held as illegal the 99-year lease granted to the company for running the Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal monument in Jaipur following a public interest litigation filed by K.P. Sharma, professor of botany in Rajasthan University.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya, issuing notices to the Rajasthan government, Sharma and others, allowed the Jal Mahal Resorts Private Ltd. the renovation and restoration activities in the Jal Mahal tourist complex, but said the firm would not undertake any fresh construction in the area.
The court said that the undertaking given by the company to the high court that it would not undertake any fresh construction in the complex would continue.
Senior counsel Gopal Subramanium, appearing for the resort company, also made a statement to this effect.
The high court May 17 had declared as “illegal and void” the Nov 22, 2005, Mansagar Lake Precinct Lease Agreement by which 100 acres of the land in the complex was given on a 99-year lease. The court also cancelled another document named the Jal Mahal Leave and Licence Agreement.
The Mansagar Lake and Jal Mahal are located near Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Apex court stays cancellation of Jaipur's Jal Mahal lease (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Apex court to hear plea on Jaipur lake - May 24, 2012
- Firm fined Rs.100 crore for violating environmental laws - May 04, 2012
- Himalayan Ski Village project delay costs state dearly - Jul 08, 2012
- Supreme Court pulls up committee on Karnataka mine report - May 06, 2011
- Himachal court allows Ford to construct ski resort - Jun 29, 2012
- Bhubaneswar to get world-class bus terminus - Apr 02, 2011
- Rajasthan cracks down on sonography centres - May 10, 2012
- Court dismisses Vedanta plea for refinery expansion (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Ancient Delhi gateways, Mughal library to be restored (With Images) - Jul 05, 2011
- Congress extended favours to Jaiprakash Associates: Dhumal - May 07, 2012
- Heavy fines for squatting on Agra's heritage land - Apr 06, 2011
- Government wants Andhra mine iron ore sale ban till CBI probe - May 03, 2011
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,