Antony expresses concern over shortage of personnel in armed forcesMarch 28th, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by admin
Allahabad, Mar 28 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony today said that the Government has asked the Armed Forces to send a report to the Government of shortages of personnel in the Services.
He said that he had asked the Armed Forces to “carefully study the scenario and come out with a report on the possible ways to make a career in the armed forces more attractive for the younger generation.”
Antony was inaugurating the Defence Pension Training Institute here. Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju accompanied him.
In his inaugural address at the ceremony, he asserted that the Government is committed to ensure “a life of dignity for people who have retired from the armed forces”.
“An important step in this direction would be to develop a grievance-free pension sanction and disbursal system, and the new institute has been set up to overcome the skill deficit that has been coming in the way of achieving the end,” Antony said.
He also said the Government has declared 2008 as “the year of ex-servicemen”, to ensures that all possible measures would be adopted “to make things easier for the nearly 22 lakh defence pensioners in the country”. (ANI)
- Antony asks Defence Accounts to expedite pension - May 12, 2010
- Provide more jobs to retired defence personnel: Antony - Jun 27, 2011
- Streamline pension scheme for ex-servicemen: Antony - May 12, 2010
- Government committed to welfare of armed forces: Antony - Aug 14, 2011
- Armed Forces Flag Day observed on Tuesday - Dec 07, 2010
- One-rank-one-pension not so soon: Antony - Aug 25, 2010
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Apex court recalls order on panel for ex-servicemen - Jul 18, 2011
- Army chief's age issue sensitive: PM - Jan 19, 2012
- Antony under fire over Army chief's age row - Jan 18, 2012
- Pension of major's widow raised from Rs.80 to Rs.18,000 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- IAF to hold employment fair for its ex-staff - Oct 13, 2011
- Diwali terror plot tip of iceberg, says Antony - Oct 15, 2011
- Haryana seeks war weapons for museum - Feb 18, 2011
- Antony asks Indian Armed Forces to prepare action plan to counter cyber attacks - Apr 16, 2010