Antenna Software plans expansion in IndiaMarch 10th, 2011 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 9 (IANS) Antenna Software Inc. plans to expand its India operations by ramping up its headcount by 40 percent annually to meet its revenue targets, the US-based global player in mobile applications space said Wednesday.
“As part of our expansion strategy, we have set up a new facility in this tech-hub to accommodate the increasing headcount from 120 to 500 over the next couple of years at the rate of 40 percent per year,” the company said in a statement here.
As a leading provider of mobile websites, applications and content, the company acquired the Pune-based mobile internet software product firm Volantis Systems in February for an undisclosed amount.
“We are in the process of adding business development professionals to capitalise on the market potential in Asia-Pacific, which is estimated to see a substantial rise in smart-phone sales, a large up-tick in mobile subscribers in rural India, and the mass appeal of mobile cloud services,” Antenna India managing director Reji Baby said.
Antenna offers customers end-to-end mobile solutions, from native apps to mobile web, addressing the needs of all users, across all internet-connected mobile devices, including smart-phones, tablets and feature phones.
“The Volantis acquisition adds diversity to our product portfolio with the addition of mobile web applications and customers and partners, including system integrators and mobile operators,” Baby said.
The Indian subsidiary was set up 2005.
- New mobile app developed to monitor data theft - Jul 06, 2012
- Technology unable to keep up with vagaries of weather - Dec 23, 2010
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- Microsoft showcases next version of operating system - Mango - May 25, 2011
- Energy bugs drain smartphone batteries - Jun 14, 2012
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- BlackBerry buys software company to beef up apps store - Apr 29, 2011
- Internet firms spy on personal texts sent on smartphones - Feb 26, 2012
- Smartphone users reject apps over privacy issues - Sep 06, 2012
- Beware: Ads in mobile apps fraught with security risk - Mar 20, 2012
- Your iPhones may reveal your secret flings! - Apr 22, 2011
- Soon, Twitter and Facebook will be available on your cars! - Apr 10, 2011
- Bluetooth offers round-the-clock health monitoring - Mar 11, 2012
- BlackBerry now set offer 'super phone' - Mar 25, 2011
- BlackBerry to offer 'super phone', as shares slip (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: antenna software, business development professionals, expansion strategy, feature phones, global player, headcount, india bangalore, india operations, indian subsidiary, mass appeal, mobile applications, mobile internet software, mobile solutions, mobile subscribers, mobile web, native apps, product portfolio, smart phone, substantial rise, system integrators