Ansari assures Indias full support to Kazakhstan in education, IT and healthApril 7th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by admin
Astana, (Kazakhstan) Apr. 7 (ANI): Visiting Indian Vice-President Mohammad Hamid Ansari has told the Chairman of the Kazakh Senate, Kassym Jomart Tokayev that India will support Kazakhstan in the areas of education, information technology and health.
A communique from the Vice-Presidents office said that their discussions primarily focused on expanding economic cooperation in various fields, but particularly in the hydrocarbon sector.
Ansari said there were immense possibilities for expanding bilateral engagement in economic, commercial, cultural, scientific and political spheres.
Tokayev reiterated Kazakhstans support to India for permanent membership of the UN Security Council.
He said both countries have agreed to set up a cooperation group to push the volume in trade and commerce, and it was agreed that civil society would have to play a greater role in achieving this objective.
Ansari asserted that greater economic engagement between India and Central Asian countries would not only prove beneficial mutually, but also help enhance potential for the region and the rest of the world.
India has understood the importance of managing diversity and are harnessing it for the well being of the people. The essence of democracy lies in ensuring responsiveness and transparency, Ansari said.
Ansari said that he would hold wide-ranging discussions with President Nursultan Nazarbaev and other leaders on regional and international issues on Tuesday. Cooperation in oil and gas, terrorism, security situation and developments in Afghanistan would also figure prominently in the talks.
India has already signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in the oil sector with the Kazakh Government. (ANI)
- India keen to expand economic relationship with Kazakhstan: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan sign seven strategic deals - Apr 16, 2011
- Keen to enhance trade with Kazakhstan: Manmohan Singh - Apr 16, 2011
- Indo-Kazakh ties have evolved into firm strategic partnership: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- Russia, Kazakhstan extend Friendship Treaty for 10 years - Jun 08, 2012
- Kazakhstan interested in buying Indian nuclear reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- Indo-Kazakh ties to strengthen with peaceful uses of nuclear energy: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- Ansari assures full support to Kazakhstan in education, IT and health sectors - Apr 07, 2008
- Kazakh President''s visit to India likely to focus on energy and food security - Jan 01, 2009
- Manmohan Singh welcomes Kazakhstan agreements - Apr 16, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan to unveil roadmap for strategic ties - Apr 16, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan welcome civil nuclear cooperation agreement - Apr 16, 2011
- Manmohan Singh calls for dynamic Indo-Kazakh relations - Apr 15, 2011
- Krishna heads to Kazakhstan Tuesday, energy deals top agenda - May 10, 2010
- Krishna heads to Kazakhstan, energy tops agenda - May 11, 2010
Tags: asian countries, astana kazakhstan, economic cooperation, economic engagement, education information technology, hydrocarbon sector, immense possibilities, kazakh government, managing diversity, memorandum of understanding, mohammad hamid ansari, oil sector, political spheres, president mohammad, president nursultan nazarbaev, presidents office, security situation, terrorism security, un security council, vice presidents