Another train on Kalka-Shimla routeApril 21st, 2010 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 21 (IANS) A special holiday train has been started between Kalka in Haryana and Shimla in Himachal Pradesh to meet the tourist rush.
With this, the number of trains plying daily between Kalka and Shimla, separated by 96 km, have increased to six.
The latest train will depart from Kalka at 6.30 a.m. “More special trains would be run to and fro between Kalka and Shimla as the arrival of the tourists picks up,” a railway official said.
The train has seven coaches and can carry 200 passengers. There are 102 tunnels on the route.
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Kalka-Shimla track gets holiday special toy train - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Bring Shimla's last heritage train back on track' (Letter from Shimla) (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- Holiday special trains on Kalka-Shimla track stopped - Jul 09, 2009
- Special Kalka-Shimla trains start for New Year - Dec 27, 2009
- Love on track - on Kalka-Shimla train - Apr 29, 2010
- Train services resume on Kalka-Shimla track - Sep 24, 2010
- Youth killed in freak accident in Himachal - Jun 21, 2009
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Group travel? Charter a train to Shimla (With Images) - May 17, 2010
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Heritage walk to spread awareness about Kalka-Shimla railway line - Jul 05, 2010
- 15 trains cancelled after Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011