Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur SaturdayJanuary 5th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Over 1,300 delegates from 54 countries will participate in the three-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas annual diaspora meet that begins in Jaipur Saturday.
“Over 1,300 delegates from 54 countries have registered for the event so far,” Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi told reporters here Thursday.
Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar will be the chief guest at the 10th edition of the conclave. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will deliver the inaugural address Sunday, while President Pratibha Devisingh Patil will deliver the valedictory address Monday. The president will also confer the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman awards.
Ravi said around eight ministers of Indian origin, nearly a dozen union ministers, including Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, and over 10 chief ministers and senior government officials from different states are scheduled to participate in the event.
The theme of this year’s conclave is “Global Indian — Inclusive Growth”. The event is organised by the ministry of overseas Indian affairs in partnership with Rajasthan government and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
“The main thrust of the event is to find ways and means on how to make the younger generation of Persons of Indian origin understand India. We will discuss this at length at the meet,” Ravi said.
- India's annual diaspora conclave kicks off Saturday - Jan 06, 2012
- Over 1,500 delegates to attend Indian diaspora conclave in 2012 - Aug 26, 2011
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- India honours 14 of diaspora for enhancing its global image - Jan 09, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM to visit India in January - Dec 18, 2011
- Cochin to host next annual Indian diaspora meet - Jun 19, 2012
- Kamla Persad-Bissessar, a 'Pravasi Bharatiya' on her way to India - Jan 01, 2012
- Regional diaspora meet in Dubai this year: Ravi - Jan 09, 2012
- PBD-2012: Preparations in full swing in Jaipur - Jan 05, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM arrives in India - Jan 05, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM in India from Thursday - Jan 04, 2012
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
- India seeks diaspora investment in energy, healthcare - Jan 07, 2012
- Over 1500 delegates to attend Non-Resident Indians Day - Dec 23, 2009
- New Zealand Governor General to be Chief Guest of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas-2011 - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: chief guest, chief ministers, conclave, confederation of indian industry, finance minister, indian origin, kamla, manmohan, manmohan singh, ministry of overseas indian affairs, persad, pranab mukherjee, pratibha devisingh patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, trinidad and tobago, union ministers, valedictory address, ways and means, younger generation