Anna Kournikova feels great when she sweats it outMarch 17th, 2008 - 4:24 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 17 (ANI): Retired Russian professional tennis player Anna Kournikova loves to exercise as it gets all the negative energy out of her system.
Kournikova does have to keep in shape for her job as a tennis pro, but the main reason she loves exercising so much is because it helps her to remain positive.
“I feel great when I sweat and get all the negative energy out,” People mag quoted her as saying on Wednesday Mar 12 night at the opening of KSwiss’s new store in Santa Monica, Calif.
As an athlete, it is important to focus on doing the “weights and machines to keep the muscle mass on”, but she finds that exercising has other benefits too.
“It’s all about building muscle and feeling good about yourself,” she said.
“I do some cardio but very little, just to relieve the stress and sweat,” she added.
Anna, who has had to face some of the worlds top-ranking tennis players, revealed that she has also had to face some tough battles off the court, such as the time of Internet speculation about her weight loss, which she says, “really doesn’t affect me.”
“You know that you’re a public person. You know what you’re getting yourself into and you just have to be okay with yourself,” she said.
“It’s just somebody’s opinion and you just can’t focus on that,” she added.
When asked about her relationship with longtime boyfriend Enrique Iglesias, Anna said: “everything is good.” (ANI)
- Iglesias loves Beckham's style - Jul 14, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias, Anna Kournikova still together, says rep - Oct 22, 2010
- As teen, Enrique couldn't woo girls - Jul 17, 2011
- Are Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova expecting their first baby? - Jan 27, 2011
- Lopez, Iglesias to tour together - May 02, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias Going Strong With Anna Kournikova, Rep Says - Oct 23, 2010
- Kournikova signs in for 'The Biggest Loser' - May 24, 2011
- Iglesias says music promo shoot with Scherzinger was like 'tantric' sex - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Enrique is an incredible person', says Kournikova - Jun 21, 2010
- Anna Kournikova shows off legs in hotpants, heels - Oct 22, 2010
- Is Anna Kournikova married to Enrique Iglesias? - Nov 21, 2010
- I couldn't get laid when I was younger, says Enrique Iglesias - Aug 26, 2010
- Kournikova, Eglesias engaged? - Jul 08, 2009
- Enrique Iglesias, Anna Kournikova 'finally getting engaged' - Sep 25, 2009
- I'm still single 'on paper', says Anna Kournikova - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: anna kournikova, athlete, building muscle, cardio, enrique iglesias, kswiss, longtime boyfriend, muscle mass, negative energy, people mag, professional tennis player, public person, ranking tennis, santa monica, speculation, stress, tennis players, tennis pro, weight loss, weights