Anjani Udyog to set up textile plant in Mundra SEZOctober 1st, 2008 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Oct 1 (IANS) Anjani Nonwovens, part of the Gurgaon-based Anjani Udyog Pvt Ltd, will invest Rs.1.2 billion ($26 million) to set up a spunlace plant at the Mundra special economic zone (SEZ) in Gujarat’s Kutch district.The 7,000-tonne-a-year plant, which will produce cotton pads and wipes, will commence exports in the first quarter of next fiscal.
Sources close to the development told IANS that Anjani Udyog has placed orders for production lines from German, Italian and Hong Kong-based firms.
Global management consulting firm Technopak Advisors Pvt Ltd is providing consultancy for the project.
According to the sources, the plant is expected to start commercial production in May with an initial capacity of 20 tonnes a day, which will be ramped up to 40 tonnes a day within a year.
The plant will initially create 140 jobs and the products will be marketed in Europe, Japan and the US.
This is the second nonwoven unit to come up in the state. Earlier, the Noida-based textile company Ginni Filaments set up a plant in Gujarat to manufacture nonwoven spunlace at an investment of Rs.1.31 billion. The plant, located at Panoli industrial estate near Vadodara, has a manufacturing capacity of 12,000 tonnes a year.
Ginni Filaments joint president-marketing R.R. Maheshwari said the unit commenced production in 2007 and the firm was focussed on exports.
The Ludhiana-based Oswal group, the promoter of Nahar Spinning Mills, is also foraying into the nonwoven segment as part of its diversification plans.
Nahar Spinning Mills project manager Mukesh Bedi told IANS that the group was setting up a spunlace line in Mandideep, about 30 km from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, at an investment of Rs.3 billion.
It would take a year for the project to come up and the products will be exported mainly to European and American markets, he added.
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansion - Feb 02, 2012
- Gujarat to set up textile parks for cotton - Nov 20, 2010
- Indian firm to build sugar mill in Ethiopia - Jul 19, 2011
- KKN Group forays into steel industry - Aug 25, 2010
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Gulf petrochemical investments to touch $160 bn - Jan 01, 2012
- SAIL inks pact with Japan's Kobe Steel for Durgapur plant - Jul 10, 2012
- Tilaknagar Industries' plants get 'mega project' status - Apr 17, 2012
- Shree Vijay setting up aqua feed plant in Andhra - Feb 22, 2012
- Murugappa group scouting for overseas acquisition - May 05, 2011
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- Brazilian firm to invest $9 bn in projects around the world - Mar 14, 2011