Anil Ambani seeks more US business in IndiaApril 1st, 2011 - 11:28 am ICT by IANS
Washington, April 1 (IANS) Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, has discussed the value of having more US medium-sized companies do business in India with US Commerce Secretary Gary Locke.
At what sources described as “a productive meeting” here Thursday, the head of one of the largest conglomerates in India and Locke also discussed the importance of US Export-Import Bank financing.
Locke spoke to the momentum of the US-India economic relationship coming off of US President Barack Obama’s historic visit to India last November and both expressed a desire to work together to accelerate the development of the bilateral relationship.
Ambani will participate in a panel discussion on “The Shifting Global Economy and Implications for Trade” at the US Exim Bank Annual Conference here Friday.
Besides the chairman of one of India’s most successful corporations, the panel features a leading business journalist and an international economist regarding the intersection of US economic policies, emerging world markets, and the strategies for American companies doing business abroad.
Ex-Im Bank’s Annual Conference is one of America’s premier venues for discussing US trade policy and developing strategies to expand the role exports play in the US economy.
This year’s event, “Government at the Speed of Business,” features plenary sessions and workshops focused on small business exporters, market and industry opportunities, and the Obama Administration’s National Export Initiative.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Come and see potential of India: Anil Ambani to US firms - Apr 02, 2011
- US sends high tech trade mission to India - Feb 03, 2011
- Obama's 'embrace' of India led to leap in economic ties : US - Jan 15, 2011
- Top US firms embark on sales mission to India - Jan 14, 2011
- US high-tech team to promote trade with India - Feb 07, 2011
- India's Exim Bank gets $150 mn to push India-Africa trade - Oct 08, 2010
- US Ex-Im Bank director joins India-US trade body - Jul 28, 2011
- $917 mn finance for Madhya Pradesh power plant - Oct 22, 2010
- US commerce secretary scouts for business opportunities - Feb 10, 2011
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- India differs with China on BRICS currency - Apr 11, 2011
- Republican lawmakers bat for loan to Reliance Power - Jun 30, 2010
- US bank nod to sale of equipment for Reliance Power plant - Jul 15, 2010
- CII lauds US export control reforms in defence, space sectors - Jan 28, 2011
- Reliance Power to buy equipment from First Solar - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: anil dhirubhai ambani, anil dhirubhai ambani group, arun kumar, barack obama, bilateral relationship, business exporters, business journalist, economic relationship, export import bank, export initiative, gary locke, industry opportunities, international economist, medium sized companies, national export, plenary sessions, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, role exports, us commerce secretary, us exim bank