Anil Ambani group gets land for Madhya Pradesh cement unitMarch 18th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 18 (IANS) The Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group is setting up a cement unit in Madhya Pradesh for which 1,306 acres of land has been allotted by the state government in Satna, some 375 km from here. Madhya Pradesh Industry Minister Jayant Malaiya informed the state assembly Tuesday that apart from providing land at Raghuraj Nagar in Satna district, the group has also been given the prospecting license for the unit.
“The cement unit is a logical extension of our proposed thermal power project in the state. We will be using the fly ash generated by the thermal power plant for the cement unit,” a spokesperson for the company told IANS.
Besides coal, limestone and fly-ash are the main inputs for a cement unit.
The group has proposed an investment of an around Rs.500 billion ($12.5 billion) in the state for three projects and chairman Anil Ambani had recently met with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in this regard.
The three projects are the 4,000 MW Sasan ultra mega power project, the Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology in capital Bhopal and the 20 million cement unit.
The state government has already granted 125 acres for the Bhopal institute.
- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh may get ultra-mega power plants - Aug 15, 2011
- Reliance Power to start work on Sasan power project - Mar 04, 2008
- $917 mn finance for Madhya Pradesh power plant - Oct 22, 2010
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Reliance Power places $10-bn equipment order for 32,000 MW - Oct 28, 2010
- Reliance Power ties up Chinese bank funds for Sasan project - Dec 15, 2010
- Government decides in favour of R-Power's coal transfer plan - Apr 28, 2012
- Reliance Power to raise Rs.20,000 crore this fiscal - Jul 28, 2009
- Reliance Power concludes India's largest fundraiser - Sep 28, 2010
- Reliance Power's Tilaiya project gets approval for carbon credits - Oct 03, 2011
- Reliance Infrastructure 2010-11 operating income, net profit rise - May 27, 2011
- Anil Ambani to set up solar power plants in Rajasthan - Aug 10, 2011
- Anil Ambani commits $11 bn investment in Gujarat - Jan 12, 2011
- Reliance Power total income rises 124 percent in 2011-12 - May 27, 2011
- Undue benefit to Reliance Power on coal allocation - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: cement unit, chief minister, coal, fly, fly ash, industry minister, information and communication technology, jayant, limestone, logical extension, mega power, regard, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, rs 500, spokesperson, state assembly, state government, thermal power plant, thermal power project