Anil Ambani group bags third ultra mega power projectJanuary 28th, 2009 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) The Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group was Wednesday awarded its third ultra mega power project, set to come up at Tilaiya in Jharkhand with an investment of over Rs.12,000 crore (Rs.120 billion/$2.4 billion).”We have been awarded the Tilaiya project. We bid the lowest per unit cost of Rs.1.77. We will generate 4,000 MW,” a senior official of Reliance Power told IANS after a high-powered committee named his company the winner.
Besides Reliance, four other companies had bid for the project. These included the state-run utility NTPC, Jindal Power, Lanco Infratech and Sterlite Energy. They were among the 11 that had met the pre-bid criteria, officials said.
The government had previously awarded three ultra mega power projects - two to Reliance Power at Sasan in Madhya Pradesh and Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and one to Tata Power at Mundra in Gujarat.
With the Tilaiya project also under its kitty, Reliance Power has a portfolio to generate over 30,000 MW of power in the country. The group is now developing as many as 14 medium and large-sized power projects, company officials said.
Of these, projects in western India will account for 12,220 MW, north for 9,080 MW, east for 4,000 MW, northeast for 2,900 MW and in the south for 4,000 MW.
The group’s 7,480-MW project to be located at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh, not far from the national capital, is expected to be the world’s largest gas-fired power project at a single location, officials said.
- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh may get ultra-mega power plants - Aug 15, 2011
- Jharkhand to get second 4,000 MW power plant - Jun 17, 2012
- Reliance Power concludes India's largest fundraiser - Sep 28, 2010
- Reliance Power buys Jharkhand's Tilaiya firm - Aug 07, 2009
- Anil Ambani group's Rosa power project ahead of schedule - Nov 23, 2008
- Reliance Power's Tilaiya project gets approval for carbon credits - Oct 03, 2011
- Anil Ambani group fast tracks mega power project - Feb 04, 2009
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Two Anil Ambani group firms propose $11 bn merger deal - Jul 04, 2010
- Reliance Power places $10-bn equipment order for 32,000 MW - Oct 28, 2010
- Reliance Power's Q1 operating revenues up 300 percent - Aug 11, 2011
- Reliance Power total income doubles in third quarter - Feb 14, 2011
- Reliance Power total income rises 124 percent in 2011-12 - May 27, 2011
- Reliance, Tata eyeing hydro projects in Himachal - Jan 25, 2011
- Undue benefit to Reliance Power on coal allocation - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, company officials, crore, gujarat, infratech, jan 28, jharkhand, kitty, mega power, mundra, New Delhi, power projects, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, reliance power, rs 1, rs 120, sasan, tata power, western india