Anil Ambani firm enters media outsourcing businessMay 7th, 2009 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 7 (IANS) Adlabs Films, a cinema and entertainment services company in the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, Thursday announced its entry into the outsourcing industry for the media space with plans to employ 1,200 people within a year.
The new venture will primarily focus on two segments, digital restoration and content processing, as per the norms of Motion Pictures Association of America, and proposes to work out of 90,000 sq ft of space here. Some 300 employees are already on its rolls.
The group already has secured orders for 1,000 films preserved by the Pune-based National Film Archives of India and will help the valuable footage to migrate from analogue to digital and from physical to digital media, the company said.
“Globalisation of media services is well underway,” said Adlabs chief executive Anil Arjun. “Coupled with the optical fibre network, the comprehensive services of media outsourcing enable a distinctive and complete offering to Adlabs’ worldwide clients.”
Over the past four months Adlabs has been transmitting several films over its optic fibre network to distribute films in the US. This opens the gate for similar services in India for global clients.
“The fibre backbone also means greater encrypted security, more flexibility, time savings and price advantages,” the company said.
Adlabs also has one of India’s largest chain of cinemas with 430 screens spread not just across the country but also in Malaysia and the US. It also has a major presence in film distribution space with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles and Kuala Lumpur.
- ADLABS FILMS COMMENCES MEDIA BPO OPERATIONS - May 07, 2009
- With Hollywood ties, Reliance MediaWorks expands 3D capabilities - Aug 26, 2010
- Adlabs Films Is Driving Force In Global Exhibition and Production - May 18, 2009
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Big cinemas to add 100 more screens by 2010 - Sep 10, 2009
- Adlabs Films to be Reliance MediaWorks - Sep 04, 2009
- Reliance Mediaworks' Restoration Of 1984's Khandahar premieres in Cannes Classic 2010 Cannes - May 15, 2010
- Reliance Communications examining sale of controlling stake in arm - May 31, 2011
- Anil Ambani firm helping restore Moon Mission footage - Jul 17, 2009
- Panel formed to implement national optic fibre network - Jun 26, 2012
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- Big Cinemas to launch multiplex in Chicago - May 25, 2009
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- Over Rs.5,000 crore more approved for defence network - Jul 03, 2012
- Sterlite Technologies plans Chinese JV to produce optical fibre - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: adlabs films, analogue to digital, comprehensive services, dhirubhai ambani, digital restoration, distribution space, employ 1, entertainment services, film archives, film distribution, global clients, media space, motion pictures association, national film, optical fibre network, outsourcing industry, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, similar services, time savings, worldwide clients