Andhra offers land for Tata titanium refineryNovember 9th, 2010 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 9 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh government has offered land for Tata’s titanium refinery in the state’s north coastal region.
Chief Minister K.Rosaiah, in a letter to Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata Tuesday, also requested him to invest in sectors like steel, automobile, chemicals, petroleum and leather industry.
“We would be very happy to facilitate allotment of suitable land for Tata’s titanium refinery project near Visakhapatnam or in the north costal districts of the state i.e Vizianagaram or Srikakulam district where raw material was available,” the chief minister wrote.
Rosaiah, who met Tata here Sunday, urged him to consider future expansion of Tata’s automotive projects in Andhra Pradesh and promised all necessary support from his government.
The chief minister said Tata could consider investing in the automotive sector on the outskirts of Hyderabad or any other location in the state.
He reiterated the land offer for Corus steel plant in the state.
“Since Tata’s steel project in Orissa is getting delayed, Andhra Pradesh might consider allotting land required for the plant either in Anantapur or Kadapa where suitable land is available with rail connectivity to Bellary iron ore mines and Krishnapatnam port,” he wrote.
Rosaiah also told Tata that the state had already requested Tata Chemicals to invest in the petroleum and chemical investment region between Visakhapatnam and Kakinada,
Rosiah and Ratan Tata Sunday attended the unveiling of the first Sikorsky-92 helicopter cabin manufactured Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) at its facility on the city’s outskirts.
Tata had announced on the occasion that the all activities of Tata group in new fields of aerospace, defence and strategic areas will be centred in Hyderabad.
- Tata to locate aerospace, defence projects in Hyderabad - Nov 07, 2010
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter - Nov 07, 2010
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Rs.120 billion petroleum refinery to come up in Andhra - Nov 17, 2011
- No loan granted for Amerind's petroleum refinery: Exim Bank - Jan 07, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Petrochemical investment region in Tamil Nadu approved - Aug 23, 2012
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Hyderabad court summons Tamil Nadu governor in land case - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Dubai' Prasad's links with Naidu, YSR come under CBI scanner - Nov 04, 2011
- Rosaiah defends university land for TIFR campus - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: aerospace defence, anantapur, andhra pradesh government, chairman ratan tata, coastal region, iron ore mines, kadapa, kakinada, leather industry, refinery project, region chief, sikorsky 92, steel plant, steel project, suitable land, tasl, tata chemicals, tata group, tata sons, visakhapatnam