Anand Sharma in US to boost India-US trade tiesJune 17th, 2009 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, June 11 (IANS) Indian Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma is all set to hold a series of meetings with top Obama administration officials to renew the dialogue on the way ahead for the India-US trade and economic partnership.
The first Indian cabinet-level minister to visit the US after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s government was voted back to power, Sharma will meet US Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and US Trade Representative Ronald Kirk.
In Washington to attend the ‘Synergies Summit’ of the US India Business Council, Sharma, who was minister of state for external affairs in the previous government, will also use the opportunity to meet other officials to boost the strategic ties between the two countries.
Among others, he will meet the chair and the ranking member of the Trade Sub-Committee of the US House of Representatives.
At the USIBC meet Wednesday, he will deliver the keynote address on “India and the US - Partners for Prosperity”.
Other speakers in the panel include Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Locke and Kirk.
A strong indian business delegation led by Venu Srinivasan, president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and chairman of TVS Motor Company, is also participating in the summit.
- US-India business conclave to boost commercial ties - Jun 20, 2011
- CII to discuss bilateral trade with US officials - Jun 16, 2009
- Top Obama cabinet officials to attend US-India interaction - Jun 17, 2009
- India-US investment treaty talks almost complete: Anand Sharma - Sep 21, 2011
- Anand Sharma to attend USIBC meeting at Washington - Jun 15, 2009
- US business seeks free high-tech trade with India - Nov 02, 2010
- Synergies Summit to 'reboot' US-India ties - Jun 09, 2009
- New study on protecting new drugs in India - Jun 16, 2009
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- US sends high tech trade mission to India - Feb 03, 2011
- Board of trade to discuss sops for exporters - Oct 10, 2011
- India, US to fast track investment treaty talks - Jun 23, 2011
- Power minister to visit Chicago, New York - Sep 17, 2011
- Anand Sharma to raise US outsourcing ban, visa fee issue - Sep 18, 2010
- Major meets in US to woo investors to India - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: arun kumar, business delegation, cabinet level, commerce secretary, confederation of indian industry, economic partnership, gary locke, hillary clinton, india business, indian business, indian cabinet, indian commerce, industry minister, keynote address, manmohan singh, partners for prosperity, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, us trade representative, usibc