Amy Winehouse to stop singing in SeptemberJuly 12th, 2008 - 12:11 pm ICT by ANI
London , July 12 (ANI): The troubles in Amy Winehouses life have taken such a toll on her that the Grammy award-winning singer will stop performing in early September, revealed her father.
In an interview with Sky News, Mitch Winehouse said that the Rehab star will be taking a break from singing and would rather utilise her time in relaxing and focusing on her writing.
“From 6th September, we”re not going to be doing any more work Amy will be concentrating on writing for the new album. She has five contractual gigs between now and then that she has to do. Then she will be relaxing and writing” The Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
The news comes after the 24-year-old singer was hospitalised and diagnosed with the lung disease emphysema. In fact, a fan became a target of her fury during her performance at Glastonbury .
Not only this, Amy seems to be having problems with hubby Blake Fielder-Civil, who is currently in prison.
And amongst all these troubles, Amys father said that his biggest fear is that his daughter will die from emphysema and not drugs.
Last month, the pop star was admitted to a London hospital after she collapsed at her Camden home and was later diagnosed with the lung disease.
“Four or five months ago she was ill she’’s not ill now. Certain things won”t go away. She has a small amount of emphysema in the top of one of her lungs. It’’s negligible, but it could lead to something a lot more serious. Anything inhaled into her lungs is going to cause her a lot more damage, said Mitch Winehouse.
Even though Amy checked out of the clinic after her Glastonbury performance,it seems that she will be continuing as an outpatient.
On her relationship with Blake-Fielder Civil, Amys dad said: “I would say it’’s last chance saloon if he comes out and they go back to doing what they were doing before. So, maybe as far as Amy is concerned, it’’s last chance saloon. She’’s got a serious health problem and she can”t carry on like that.”
In fact, he even called for help from those around his daughter to help her stay alive.
“I want people to understandeven if they give her one cigarette, they”re causing her harm. Had she carried on [the way she was last summer] she could have been dead within six months, he said. (ANI)
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Winehouse's fortune goes to parents - Mar 29, 2012
- Winehouse didn't like singing her hit songs - Jun 28, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's boyfriend says she is 'throwing herself into work' - Mar 29, 2011
- Quit drinking or die, doctors tell Winehouse - May 31, 2011
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Winehouse's parents approve of new boyfriend - Jun 23, 2010
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Winehouses father calls her stupid for hankering after her hubby - Mar 17, 2009
- Amy Winehouse feeling broody - Mar 27, 2010
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Amy Winehouse 'wants to get rid of Blake tattoo' - Jan 27, 2010
Tags: blake fielder civil, early september, emphysema, five months, gigs, glastonbury, grammy award, health problem, hubby, last chance saloon, london hospital, lung disease emphysema, lungs, new album, pop star, serious health, sky news, target, telegraph, work amy