Amy Winehouse begins rehearsals for Mandela, Glastonbury gigsJune 25th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 25 (ANI): English singer Amy Winehouse has begun rehearsals for her scheduled summer shows despite having been hospitalised with traces of emphysema.
The Rehab singer had been taken to the London Clinic in Marylebone last week after she fainted, and it was revealed on June 24 that she is suffering from early stage emphysema.
Winehouse’s father Mitch had exaggerated the severity of his daughter’s condition and according to her spokesman, it “looks likely” she will fulfil her commitments to perform at Glastonbury Festival and the Nelson Mandela charity concert.
“She’s got emphysema. It’s in its early stages, but had it gone on for another month they painted a very vivid picture of her sitting there like an old person with a mask on her face struggling to breathe,” Contactmusic quoted Mitch as having told the Sunday Mirror newspaper.
The next day he told BBC Radio 1 there were merely “traces” of the lung disease and said the 24-year-old was “flourishing” in response to treatment.
But Tracey Miller, who is Winehouses US representative, dismissed Mitch’s prognosis.
“She is not diagnosed with full-blown emphysema, but instead has early signs of what could lead to emphysema,” she added.
Winehouse is scheduled to appear at the concert marking Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday on Friday June 27th and at Glastonbury on June 28th. (ANI)
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Amy Winehouse does not have emphysema, says rep - Jun 24, 2008
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- MTV to have a special Amy Winehouse concert - Jul 27, 2011
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Amy died of seizure during detox? - Sep 11, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new beau wins approval of her parents - Jun 22, 2010
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's life-size statue to be put up in Camden - Jun 08, 2012
- Nelson Mandela's Great-Granddaughter Killed In Car Crash - Jun 12, 2010
- Mandela won't attend World Cup opening ceremony (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Nelson Mandela's great granddaughter killed in a car crash - Jun 11, 2010
- Winehouse tribute concert might be telecasted - Jan 15, 2012
- Winehouse's father gives her clothes to fans - Jul 31, 2011
- Winehouse foundation to be launched Sep 14 - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: 90th birthday, amy winehouse, bbc radio 1, charity concert, commitments, emphysema, english singer, gigs, glastonbury, hospitalised, london clinic, lung disease, nelson mandela, old person, prognosis, rehearsals, severity, sunday mirror, sunday mirror newspaper, tracey miller