Amway to commission its India manufacturing plant in 2014February 13th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 13 (IANS) US-based direct selling fast moving consumer goods company Amway Corporation will commission its first own manufacturing centre in India in 2014, investing Rs.3 billion, a top company executive said Monday.
“The board of the company has approved the plan of setting up our first own manufacturing centre in India. The plant is scheduled to start production from 2014,” Amway India Enterprises Managing Director and Chief Executive William S. Pinckney told mediapersons here.
The new plant in the country, which is the company’s second biggest market in Asia after China, will produce its flagship brand Nutrilite and beauty products.
The company, however, refused to say where the plant would be located.
“We are considering three different states in different zones of the country for building the plant. Things have not been finalised yet. We are looking for the state which will give us the best facilities,” Diptarag Bhattacherjee, vice-president (East) of the company, said.
Amway will also set up its corporate office in the National Capital Region (NCR), investing Rs.1 billion.
Pinckney said the company achieved double-digit growth in India mainly due to experimental marketing and brand awareness and penetration of products in semi-urban and rural areas.
The company, which clocked a turnover of Rs.21.30 billion for the fiscal year 2011, aims to cross the Rs.25 billion-mark in 2012.
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India - Apr 13, 2011
- Amway India grew 19 percent in 2011 - Mar 02, 2012
- Amway India eyes Rs.25 billion business by 2012 - Jul 11, 2011
- Amway to invest Rs.550 mn in its Himachal plant - Sep 04, 2009
- Amway targets Rs.20 billion business in India by 2012 - Apr 20, 2010
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Quality spells success in India too: Amway - Mar 24, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Amway eyeing annual sales of Rs.2,500 crore by 2012 - Jun 22, 2010
- Maruti's Manesar plant to expand by FY 2014 - Aug 18, 2011
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Ford India to benefit from economies of scale - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, amway corporation, amway india enterprises, beauty products, brand awareness, chief executive, company executive, consumer goods company, double digit growth, fiscal year, flagship brand, managing director, manufacturing plant, moving consumer goods, ncr, nutrilite, pinckney, rs 21, rural areas, turnover