Amway India to source coconut oil from KeralaMay 6th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, May 6 (IANS) Amway India is all set to source coconut oil from Thrissur in Kerala. “This is part of our launch of a range of products catering to the mass market in India and it would include, besides coconut oil, hair oil and cosmetic products,” Amway India vice-president (south) Anshu Budhraja told reporters here Tuesday.
“We would source coconut oil from our service partner in Thrissur and would offer the product only in the country,” he said.
For Amway India, Kerala is one of the top five markets.
It has clocked a turn-over of Rs.500 million in the last fiscal and paid Rs.50.6 million in the form of sales tax to the state exchequer.
“As part of our expansion plans, we will open five more offices and are planning to start home delivery of products,” he said.
- Amway India eyes Rs.25 billion business by 2012 - Jul 11, 2011
- Amway India grew 19 percent in 2011 - Mar 02, 2012
- World Coconut Day: Kerala tries to stop production fall - Sep 02, 2012
- Amway to commission its India manufacturing plant in 2014 - Feb 13, 2012
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Amway targets Rs.20 billion business in India by 2012 - Apr 20, 2010
- Quality spells success in India too: Amway - Mar 24, 2010
- CX Precision Mechanical to set up facility at Sri City - May 09, 2012
- Amway to invest Rs.550 mn in its Himachal plant - Sep 04, 2009
- Kerala-based gelatin maker aiming at Rs.300 crore turnover - Aug 07, 2012
- Essar Oil completes expansion of Vadinar refinery - Mar 29, 2012
- Amway looks at Rs.10 bn turnover in India this year - Nov 07, 2008
- Karnataka to set up pilot plant to produce coconut juice - Jan 13, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: 6 million, amway india, anshu, coconut oil, cosmetic products, hair oil, home delivery, india kerala, launch, mass market, rs 500, sales tax, service partner, state exchequer, thiruvananthapuram, thrissur, vice president