Amway India grew 19 percent in 2011March 2nd, 2012 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 2 (IANS) The annual turnover of consumer and home products direct marketing company Amway India has grown by 19 percent in 2011, over the previous fiscal, its vice president (east) Diptarag Bhattacharjee said Friday.
Speaking at a press conference here, Bhattacharjee said the company — a wholly-owned subsidiary of the US-based Amway Corp — has posted a turnover of Rs.2,130 crore in 2011 against Rs.1,790 crore it registered in 2010.
Amway India has 135 offices and 55 city warehouses across the country, covering 4000 cities through its home-delivery network, he said.
“Almost 97 percent of the products sold by Amway India are now manufactured within the country through seven third-party contract manufacturers, although it does not have its own production facility in the country,” he said.
According to Bhattacharjee, the company currently offers over 125 products in five categories of personal care, home care, nutrition and wellness, cosmetics and great value products.
Recently Amway has tripled production capacities at its leading vendor facility, at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh, by commissioning four new production lines at an investment of Rs.55 crore, he added.
Established in 1995, Amway India commenced commercial operations in the country in 1998, and has established a nationwide presence over the past years by providing income generating opportunities to 550,000 active independent Amway business owners, Bhattacharjee claimed.
- Amway India eyes Rs.25 billion business by 2012 - Jul 11, 2011
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Amway targets Rs.20 billion business in India by 2012 - Apr 20, 2010
- Amway to commission its India manufacturing plant in 2014 - Feb 13, 2012
- Amway to invest Rs.250 crore in India - Apr 13, 2011
- Panacea Biotec commissions anti-cancer unit in Himachal - Mar 29, 2012
- Amway looks at Rs.10 bn turnover in India this year - Nov 07, 2008
- Amway to invest Rs.550 mn in its Himachal plant - Sep 04, 2009
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- LG Electronics to double Indian sales by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- Ozone Ayurvedics plans to double turnover - Nov 03, 2011
- Amway eyeing annual sales of Rs.2,500 crore by 2012 - Jun 22, 2010
- Amway India eyeing Rs.25 bn turnover by 2012 - Nov 30, 2008
- FlaktWoods India expects Rs.205 crore orders this year - Dec 14, 2011
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: amway business, amway corp, amway india, annual turnover, baddi, bhattacharjee, business owners, care nutrition, commercial operations, contract manufacturers, crore, direct marketing company, home delivery network, nutrition and wellness, personal care, production capacities, rs 1, rs 2, vendor facility, warehouses