Amul to revamp its chocolate productsMay 24th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 24 (IANS) Asia’s largest dairy, the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), which owns the Amul brand, is planning to revamp and reposition itself in the chocolate segment, a top company official said Thursday.
“We are planning to revamp the chocolate segment. We are planning to introduce larger chocolate packs of 150 grams size in future,” GCMMF General Manager (planning & marketing) Jayan Mehta told media persons here.
In the chocolate segment, Amul currently has six products which includes chocolate, chocozoo, syrup, and wafers.
According to Mehta, the company is planning to target the niche market with these larger chocolate packs which will cost near about Rs.90.
Mehta was in the city to launch a new Amul product - “Amul PRO”, a whey-protein malt beverage brand.
“Amul, with annual sales turnover of approximately Rs.12,000 crore, is the market leader in all dairy products categories. With this launch, Amul plans to improve its presence in the Rs.3,000 crore-plus milk food drinks market,” he said.
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Israel Consul General visits GCMMF, Amul Dairy - Oct 08, 2010
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices - Sep 10, 2011
- Father of White Revolution Verghese Kurien is dead (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- Shimla to go without milk from Friday - Jul 07, 2011
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Bihar leaders demand Bharat Ratna for Verghese Kurien - Sep 11, 2012
- Parle eyeing 25 pc market share in snacks segment - Mar 25, 2012
- Godrej Hershey uses mixed strategy to increase revenue - Jul 17, 2009
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: chocolate products, crore, dairy products, drinks market, food drinks, gcmmf, gujarat cooperative milk marketing, jayan, launch, malt beverage, market leader, marketing federation, may 24, media persons, mehta, niche market, rs 90, sales turnover, wafers, whey protein