Amul notches Rs.6,700 crore turnoverApril 2nd, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Anand (Gujarat), April 2 (IANS) Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF), which owns the Amul brand of dairy products, posted a turnover of Rs.6,705 crore (Rs.67.05 billion) in 2008-09, reflecting an increase of around 28 percent, the company announced Thursday in a statement.
The federation’s turnover has almost doubled over the last three years, the statement said, adding that the group turnover of GCMMF and its dairy 13 cooperatives, all members of the federation, has touched Rs.10,000 crore.
“With its quality products and fair pricing, at a time when the economy is witnessing recessionary trends, GCMMF has proven that the business which is engaged in uplift of the farmers, will continue to grow,” it said.
The federation’s milk procurement grew by 15 percent reaching a peak of 1.1 crore litres a day last winter, federation managing director B.M. Vyas said, and attributed it to “the remunerative prices paid out to farmers consistently year after year”.
The federation has now targeted turnover of Rs.8,000 crore for this fiscal.
- Amul to revamp its chocolate products - May 24, 2012
- Vyas retires from Gujarat milk cooperative - Jun 30, 2010
- Israel Consul General visits GCMMF, Amul Dairy - Oct 08, 2010
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Milk Marketing Federation in Gujarat records Rs. 67.10 billion turnover - Apr 04, 2009
- AMUL plants 10 million trees in Gujarat under Amul Green Campaign on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- Bihar leaders demand Bharat Ratna for Verghese Kurien - Sep 11, 2012
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Father of White Revolution Verghese Kurien is dead (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices - Sep 10, 2011
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- UP plans to set up milk plant in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Amul inspires Kashmir milk farmers - Jan 13, 2009
- Milk to cost Rs.2 more in Karnataka from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: cooperatives, dairy products, economy, farmers, gcmmf, group turnover, gujarat, last winter, managing director, marketing federation, milk marketing, milk procurement, notches, quality products, rs 8, uplift, vyas