Amul launches milk shake in four new flavoursOctober 18th, 2008 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
Anand (Gujarat), Oct 17 (IANS) Milk products major Amul has launched a new range of shakes in four flavours in an attempt to consolidate its position in the beverages market. Amul Kool Millk Shaake, targeted at the youth, is a blend of fruits (banana, mango, strawberry) and milk, while Amul Kool Millk Shaake Badam will have almonds, said Partha Chakraborty, spokesperson of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, which owns the Amul brand.
The four varieties are priced at Rs.22 for a 220 ml can and Rs.15 for a 180 ml Tetrapak, Chakraborty told IANS Friday, a day after the launch.
With this launch, the federation, Asia’s largest integrated dairy products manufacturing and marketing organisation, accounts for over 90 percent market share in the branded packaged dairy drinks segment, Chakraborty claimed.
The Indian soft drink market is worth about Rs.70 billion per annum, with the non-carbonated segment - fruit drinks, juices and milk drinks - accounting for around 10 percent.
- Amul to revamp its chocolate products - May 24, 2012
- Karnataka eyes Indian diaspora to promote dairy exports - Jan 17, 2011
- AMUL plants 10 million trees in Gujarat under Amul Green Campaign on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- Israel Consul General visits GCMMF, Amul Dairy - Oct 08, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Coca-Cola enters dairy segment - Aug 17, 2010
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices - Sep 10, 2011
- Feasting on Holi delicacies (Recipes) - Mar 06, 2012
- Galla Foods launches two fruit beverages - Aug 26, 2009
- MTR Foods to go national; double revenue by 2012 - Jun 22, 2010
- '2.7 bn consumers in developing countries dairy industry's next big opportunity' - May 07, 2012
- Amul's India: The 50-year-campaign in fine print (IANS BOOKS) - Jun 15, 2012