Amul Fresh Milk now available in JaipurNovember 26th, 2007 - 9:45 pm ICT by admin
Anand (Gujarat), Nov 26 (ANI-Business Wire India): Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (GCMMF)today launched Amul Fresh Milk in Jaipur.
The Rs. 4500 crore (billion dollar) GCMMFwhich markets its products under the brand Amul, is already marketing almost 50 lakh litres of fresh milk all over India, in major metros like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and other 20 major cities like Kanpur, Lucknow, Pune, Nashik, Nagpur, Raipur, Ghaziabad, Agra, Mathura, Meerut, Indore and Bhopal.
Currently, Amul is the world’s largest fresh milk brand in pouches.
R S Sodhi, Chief General Manager, GCMMF said that GCMMF is committed to provide pure and fresh milk at reasonable price to the consumer. Amul milk does not contain any milk powder, and is packed at the state of the art plant in Jaipur.
With 30 registered distributors and more than 5,000 retailers covering almost every corner of Jaipur, it is being ensured that Amul Milk is easily available to the consumers of Jaipur.
Amul Fresh Milk will be available in three variants: Amul Gold (Full cream milk having 6% Fat) with MRP of Rs. 23 per litre, Amul Taaza (Toned milk having 3% Fat) with MRP of Rs. 18 per litre and Amul Slim n Trim milk (Double toned milk having 1.5% Fat) with MRP of Rs. 16 per litre. All the above three variants will be available in one litre and 500 ml. pack.
Jaipur has a population of 30 lakh people. The market for milk is about 10 lakh litres per day out of which Saras, a cooperative is selling 5 lakh litres per day. Loose milk sales contribute the rest.
GCMMF plans to achieve a target of 50,000 litres per day by the end of the year. (ANI)
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices - Sep 10, 2011
- Amul to revamp its chocolate products - May 24, 2012
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Father of White Revolution Verghese Kurien is dead (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Israel Consul General visits GCMMF, Amul Dairy - Oct 08, 2010
- Vyas retires from Gujarat milk cooperative - Jun 30, 2010
- AMUL plants 10 million trees in Gujarat under Amul Green Campaign on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Milk to cost Rs.2 more in Karnataka from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- Hyundai launches all new i10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Taj city goes without milk - Mar 23, 2012
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
- And now, milk price set to increase in Karnataka - Jan 14, 2011
- Milk prices up by Rs.2 in Bihar - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: amul, art plant, chief general, cream milk, federation ltd, fresh milk, gujarat, India, jaipur, lakh litres, marketing federation, milk marketing, milk powder, milk sales, mrp, mumbai delhi, raipur, target, variants