AMU to offer course on Islamic bankingMay 24th, 2008 - 10:04 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, May 24 (IANS) Taking into account global trends and job opportunities in the sector, the Aligarh Muslim University is set to offer a course on Islamic banking and finance from the next academic year, said an AMU official Saturday. “For the commencement of the course, AMU vice chancellor P.K. Abdul Azis had a detailed discussion recently with a team of experts consisting Mohammad Nejatullah Siddiqui, former AMU professor and a well known expert on Islamic banking and finance, Sayed Mohammad Beary and Shariq Nisar of Bearys Amnah Investments Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore,” university spokesman Rahat Abrar told IANS on telephone from Aligarh.
He added the discussion noted the rapid changes taking place in the banking sector both in India and abroad, and trends towards principles that guide Islamic banking and finance management systems.
“The meeting noted the presence of a number of banking enterprises in India working on Islamic banking principles and the segment is poised for rapid growth,” he said.
In the context of the emerging growth and employment potential, AMU has decided to offer a postgraduate diploma in Islamic banking and finance from the next academic session, he added.
the official said the university administration would also consider the possibility of setting up a new department dedicated for Islamic banking.
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- Bihar transfers land for AMU centre - Dec 30, 2011
- AMU committee to identify courses for new campuses - Oct 07, 2009
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- Pranab assures all help to AMU's new centres - Jun 13, 2011
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- Aligarh Muslim University to run Islamic insurance course - Jul 31, 2008
- Aligarh university closed after violence - Apr 30, 2011
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU, Jakarta university to work closer together - Jun 11, 2011
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: abdul azis, abrar, academic session, aligarh muslim university, amu, bangalore university, banking and finance, banking sector, beary, emerging growth, finance management, global trends, islamic banking and finance, nisar, postgraduate diploma, rahat, rapid changes, shariq, university spokesman, vice chancellor