American Airlines To Check Boeing 757 Fleet And Start New ServiceDecember 14th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) American Airlines has decided to thoroughly inspect a majority of its entire Boeing 757 fleet. The decision was taken after one of its planes was found in a damaged condition a few months back. The airline based in Fort Worth will check 87 of its Boeing 757s as was confirmed by Tim Smith - an airline spokesman. He said “We have been accomplishing the inspections expeditiously as the aircraft flow through our maintenance facilities for other routine maintenance”. One of its aircrafts developed a wide hole in its body when it was at 31000 feet in the sky. As a result the cabin lost pressure following which the pilot had to do emergency landing. Later the aircraft was grounded so that the engineers could examine what had led to the development.
Boeing on its part issued a service bulletin last month and asked the airlines that use its aircrafts to inspect the models in service. As many as 667 aircrafts sold by Boeing will be made to undergo the check as it has been reported. An United airlines Boeing 757 also developed cracks in October.
American Airlines is going to extend its routes in Asia the snags affecting its Boeing fleet notwithstanding. It will begin nonstop flights to Tokyo from New York in January. The flights of the airline will take off from the JFK Airport of New York and will reach the Haneda Airport of Tokyo in Japan. The airline will be doling out some promotional offers in this route to woo the customers. The airline said that it will use Boeing 777 with a seating capacity of 247 in the new route. A lot of entertainment and cuisine options will be offered on board for the passengers in the route.
- Air India grounds bulk of Boeing 777 fleet - May 11, 2012
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- B-787 Dreamliner in Air India livery to be showcased next month - Feb 27, 2012
- TAAG Angola Airlines orders three aircraft from Boeing - Apr 03, 2012
- Boeing-787 Dreamliner showcased at Delhi airport (Lead, correcting figure in para 11) - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Air India tries to stabilise operation, scraps 10 more flights - May 15, 2012
- American Airlines to suspend two daily flights to Japan - Mar 31, 2011
- Air India crisis continues for 15th day, losses Rs.250 crore - May 22, 2012
- Boeing 767 Cracks Make American Airlines Cautious - Jun 23, 2010
- Qantas Airplane Hit By Break Snag At Melbourne - Nov 30, 2010
- Air India to lease out fuel guzzling 777s - Jun 12, 2012
- AI to prune operations if pilots' strike continues (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Air India losses mount to Rs.200 crore as crisis continues - May 18, 2012
- Boeing showcases 787 Dreamliner at IGI airport - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,