Ambani chopper technician’s family wants CBI to probe his deathApril 29th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 29 (IANS) Family members of aircraft technician Bharat Borge, who discovered the plot to sabotage industrialist Anil Ambani’s chopper, Wednesday demanded that his death be probed by the Central Bureau of Investgiation (CBI).
According to his cousin Sambhaji Botre, the family is not convinced by the explanation that he committed suicide.
“We don’t find everything right about the incident. While the police investigation will go on, we demand a CBI enquiry into the incident. We completed his last rites this (Wednesday) afternoon in his native village,” Botre told IANS by phone. The last rites were performed in Kumbhargaon village in Satara district.
Borge, 43, was the person who lodged the first formal complaint with the Santa Cruz Airport police station last Thursday after discovering pebbles and mud in the fuel tank of Anil Ambani’s private chopper - a clear attempt to sabotage the chopper.
His body was found on the railway tracks between Andheri and Vile Parle railway stations in western Mumbai Tuesday morning.
He is survived by wife Sangeeta, daughter Anu, 17, sons Abhishek, 16, and Akshay, 11, Botre said.
The Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) last week wrote to Chief Minister Ashok Chavan demanding a crime branch inquiry into a conspiracy. On Thursday ADAG cancelled its four-year-old maintenance contract with Air Works.
Air Works Indian Engineering maintains the chopper used by the Reliance group chief.
- Ambani chopper technician's death probe: Reliance officials quizzed - May 01, 2009
- Man who discovered Anil Ambani chopper sabotage found dead (Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Maharashtra Police, Anil Ambani Group worker's family in dispute over cause of death - Apr 29, 2009
- Two arrested for involvement in Ambani helicopter sabotage case - May 04, 2009
- Anil Ambani group snaps ties with chopper maintenance firm - Apr 29, 2009
- Govt. rules out corporate rivalry behind Ambani helicopter episode - Apr 29, 2009
- Man who found Anil Ambani chopper sabotage found dead - Apr 28, 2009
- Two held for Ambani chopper sabotage - May 04, 2009
- ADAG officials given clean chit in key witness' death in Ambani chopper case - May 01, 2009
- No corporate rivalry behind Ambani chopper sabotage, say police (Second Lead) - May 04, 2009
- Police rule out corporate rivalry in Ambani chopper case (Lead) - May 04, 2009
- Ambani chopper case: Investigations into death of Borge to be closed - Jun 01, 2009
- No evidence of business rivalry behind chopper sabotage: minister - Apr 29, 2009
- 26/11 victim's wife fights for survival - Sep 17, 2010
- Court acquits two in Anil Ambani chopper sabotage case - Nov 30, 2010
Tags: abhishek, aircraft technician, airport police, akshay, andheri, anil dhirubhai ambani group, borge, crime branch, formal complaint, fuel tank, group chief, indian engineering, last rites, maintenance contract, police investigation, railway stations, reliance group, satara district, tuesday morning, wife sangeeta