Amar Singh accuses Mayawati of “kidnapping” six SP MPsJuly 22nd, 2008 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 22 (ANI): Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amar Singh today blamed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati of “kidnapping” six MPs of his party.
Speaking to reporters, Amar Singh claimed that Mayawati has forcibly kept six MPs of his party inside Uttar Pradesh Bhavan.
Commenting on the issue of MPs, who were being poached to muster the required strength to save the government, he alleged, “It is Mayawati who is trying to split parties by poaching MPs.”
””Uttar Pradesh has always been blamed of protecting the mafia - DP and Ramakant Yadav,”” he added.
Disapproving claims of a split in the SP, he said that his party is not broken.
””We are giving to the government 36 MPs, and we have also made up the loss of three,”” he said. (ANI)
- From stars to Tihar, Amar Singh's fall from grace - Sep 06, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh cop under house arrest, says opposition - Nov 09, 2011
- BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline and fund misuse - Sep 21, 2011
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Mayawati responsible for farmer-police clash: Mulayam - May 09, 2011
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Rahul continues broadside against Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 24, 2011
- With Lucknow in mind, Ajit Singh gets civil aviation (Roundup) - Dec 18, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scandal: SP, BJP MPs questioned - Jul 25, 2011
- Raja Bhaiya dents Akhilesh's clean credentials - Mar 15, 2012
- Mayawati lures away Samajwadi Party Dalit legislator - Aug 04, 2011
- Amar sings praises of Mayawati, Sonia, fuels war with SP (Lead) - Jan 30, 2010
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to be UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- BSP parliamentarian booked under stringent law - Dec 16, 2011