Alpana’s ‘Ambalika’ captures Indian history (With images)August 30th, 2011 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) Jewellery designer Alpana Gujral has launched her new collection “Ambalika” that captures the essence of Indian history.
“I strive to capture the essence of Indian history in each of my designs. ‘Ambalika’ (paisley) was a pattern used to decorate royal regalia in ancient times and this is what each design will showcase,” Alpana told IANS.
“I believe that jewellery should have an emotional impact on the person who wears it. I think it’s important that the spirit of jewellery makes the wearer feel special and keeping this thought in mind, I have tried to make a line which has rich symbolic and spiritual meaning,” she added.
Her latest collection consists of bracelets, cuffs, cocktail rings, earrings and necklaces in hues of ripe green, saffron, and turquoise.
The designer has used a lot of emeralds and red rubies, laced with polki and pearls to represent the true meaning behind ‘Ambalika’.
“The stone work on jewellery will play a pivotal role in conveying the proper meaning of the theme. The exquisite texture and fine details create layers of boldness in each design which celebrates its own individualistic charm,” Alpana explained.
The jewellery, which is priced on request, will be on display for two days from Thursday at the designer’s store here.
- Gujral's 'Nirvana' an ode to women's inner beauty (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Bracelets - the bigger, the broader, the better - Apr 19, 2010
- A new jewellery store to let you splurge (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- Bollywood cheers for Farah Khan at jewellery week - Aug 16, 2010
- Latest Trend In Fashion Accessories - Jun 10, 2010
- IIJW ramp turns into wedding show! - Aug 03, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Monastry Collection: Magical blend of style, healing (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Salman Bhai carries ornaments best: Malaika - Aug 04, 2011
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Hollywood star jeweller's India-inspired works on auction - Oct 10, 2010
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Ruined monuments inspire Ramam's debut jewellery line (With Images) - Sep 10, 2012
- Queenie Dhody launches jewellery collection in the capital (With Images) - Oct 01, 2009
Tags: alpana, boldness, bracelets cuffs, cocktail rings, emeralds, emotional impact, exquisite texture, fine details, gujral, hues, indian history, necklaces, New Delhi, pearls, pivotal role, polki, red rubies, royal regalia, saffron, true meaning