Aloula Geojit Brokerage gets licence in Saudi ArabiaFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Feb 3 (IANS) Aloula Geojit Brokerage Co, a joint venture between Indian retail financial services provider Geojit BNP Paribas and the Al Johar group of Saudi Arabia, has been given additional licence in Saudi Arabia.
The additional licence is for underwriting, asset management, advisory and custody services in the securities business, said Geojit BNP Paribas managing director C.J. George in a statement issued here Wednesday.
Added Aloula Geojit chief executive K. Kumar: “Investors can now choose from a wide range of products and services that includes investment in international markets.
“Aloula Geojit is headquartered at Riyadh and has an office at Dammam. As a part of our expansion plans, the next branch will soon be opened at Jeddah.”
Aloula Geojit started operations in Saudi Arabia in November 2008.
Geojit had entered the Gulf retail financial services market in 2001 through Barjeel Geojit Securities, a joint venture with the Al Saud group of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
It followed this up with an agreement with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, one of the largest retail banks in Bahrain, Kuwait and Oman.
Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services has a network of over 500 offices and manages assets worth over Rs.10,000 crore.
BNP Paribas, headquartered in Paris, is the main shareholder in Geojit.
- Geojit BNP Paribas forms joint venture in Oman - Sep 21, 2011
- SBI teams with Geojit BNP Paribas for NRI stocks investments - Jun 04, 2012
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Geojit BNP Paribas in JV with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait - Aug 08, 2011
- Kerala stockbrokers renamed Geojit BNP Paribas - Apr 23, 2009
- Geojit BNP Paribas launches stocks trading via mobile - Sep 21, 2010
- Geojit to focus on portfolio management services - Jun 09, 2010
- Geojit BNPP launches a investor education road show - Aug 02, 2010
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain discuss bilateral relations - Aug 01, 2012
- Sundaram Finance to buy out BNP Paribas stakes in AMC arm - Jun 30, 2010
- Geojit Financial looks at joint venture in Oman - Oct 13, 2008
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain hold security talks - Jul 10, 2012
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Geojit launches online trading in currency derivatives - Mar 20, 2009
- Saudi Arabia honours Indian envoy - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: al saud, asset management, bank of bahrain and kuwait, banks in bahrain, bnp paribas, custody services, dammam, financial services provider, geojit securities, international markets, j george, johar, joint venture, kochi, managing director, retail banks, retail financial services, riyadh, saudi arabia, united arab emirates