Allied Blenders & Distillers IPO in mid-2011June 4th, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 4 (IANS) Kishore Chhabria-promoted Allied Blenders and Distillers (ABD) is planning for an initial public offering (IPO) in the middle of 2011, a top company official said Friday.
“Hope, around middle of 2011 we will be ready with the IPO,” Deepak Roy, chief executive officer, told reporters here.
He, however, declined to divulge the IPO size. “Overall we are not going to dilute beyond 26 percent,” he said.
Roy was in the city to launch the premium dark rum Jolly Roger.
The company with flagship brand Officer’s Choice has been planning to shift focus from one brand and diversify into multiple brands for sometime now. Recently, it had launched Class Grain Vodka and Wodka Gorbatschow.
“We plan to launch one new brand every year for the next three years,” Roy said.
ABD is also looking at diluting around 5-10 percent stake to some private equity (PE) players to raise around Rs.50 crore, Roy said.
The company is in talks with three-four PE players, most of whom are from overeas, he said.
ABD has a capital expenditure plan of Rs.250 crore for the next three years, Roy said. This money would be spent in setting up a new bottling unit, a distillery plant and launching new brands.
“We are planning to come up with a bottling unit in south India in the next 12-18 months,” he said.
About a distillery plant in West Bengal, he said the company is waiting for a licence from the state government for which it had applied nine months ago.
“We have already got an expression of interest offering us some land in Haldia. The issue is getting the licence,” Roy said.
ABD is planning to make a Rs.120-crore distillery plant in the state with a capacity of 100 kl per day. Asked about how the project would be funded, he said: “Rs.120 crore would be funded partly by private equity and the rest by debt. But the ratio of that has not been decided yet.”
- ABD launches new brandy in Kerala - Feb 02, 2012
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Star Health to raise Rs.150 crore fresh capital - Jul 31, 2012
- Zuri to offload 20 percent stake to private equity players - Sep 21, 2010
- ABD to launch semi-premium whiskey in Nigeria - Apr 24, 2012
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- World-class Sports City to come up near Hyderabad (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- HAL awaits government nod to go public soon - Feb 10, 2011
- Companies deferring public issue in bearish markets - Nov 28, 2011
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Calidris 28 to launch health drinks in India - Apr 09, 2011
- Ozone Ayurvedics plans to double turnover - Nov 03, 2011
- Electrolux licences Morf India to market Kelvinator purifiers - Jun 04, 2012
- Berger eyeing Kareena or Katrina as brand ambassador - Aug 02, 2012
- Telenor confident of roping in new partner before auction - May 31, 2012
Tags: abd, blenders, capital expenditure, chief executive officer, crore, distillers, distillery, expenditure plan, expression of interest, flagship brand, initial public offering, initial public offering ipo, jolly roger, private equity, rs 120, rs 250, rs 50, south india, west bengal, wodka gorbatschow