Allahabad Bank’s Q3 net up by 34 percentJanuary 30th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 30 (IANS) Public sector lender Allahabad Bank Monday reported a net profit of Rs.5.60 billion for the quarter ending Dec 31, 2011 against Rs.4.2 billion for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, registering a hike of over 34 percent.
The net interest income of the bank during the period has registered a steep rise of 31 percent to Rs.13.8 billion for the period under review against Rs.10.52 billion for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal.
Non-interest income of the Kolkata-headquartered bank has also increased to Rs.3.48 billion during the quarter against Rs.2.58 billion for the like period last fiscal.
“Our growth has come mainly from the core business and fee-based income which has increased by almost 22 percent,” Allahabad Bank chairman and managing director J.P. Dua told reporters here after announcing the third-quarter results.
Gross non-performing assets (NPA) of the bank during the third quarter of the current fiscal rose at 1.86 percent against 1.77 percent, while its net NPA stood at 0.79 percent against 0.59 percent.
Allahabad Bank executive director D.K. Sarkar said the bank’s NPA was high in agriculture and SME sectors.
“NPA position of the bank will improve in the last quarter of the fiscal,” Sarkar added.
- Allahabad Bank's Q4 net profit up by 14.74 percent - May 02, 2011
- UCO Bank Q1 net profit jumps 24 percent - Aug 04, 2012
- Allahabad Bank's net up 21.22 pc in Q2 - Nov 02, 2011
- UCO Bank's Q3 net jumps 10 percent (Second Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- United Bank of India's Q3 net up by 38.5 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Allahabad Bank Q1 net profit jumps 23 percent - Jul 30, 2012
- UCO Bank's Q3 net jumps 10 percent (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- UCO Bank's Q3 net jumps 10 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Allahabad Bank profit up by 20.45 percent - Jul 22, 2011
- UCO Bank's net up by 94.12 percent in Q2 - Oct 31, 2011
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- Srei Infra's Q3 net slips by 51.8 percent - Feb 03, 2012
- City Union Bank to raise Rs.250 crore through rights issue - Aug 03, 2012
- 209 percent rise in UBI net profit in Q4 - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: agriculture, allahabad bank, bank executive, core business, dua, executive director, interest income, last quarter, managing director j, net interest, net profit, non performing assets, public sector, q3, rs 2, sarkar, sectors, sme, steep rise, third quarter results