Allahabad Bank posts 18 percent growth in 2008-09April 14th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 14 (IANS) City-based public sector lender Allahabad Bank registered 18 percent growth in deposits and advances in 2008-09 over the year before, a top official said here Tuesday.
“The bank has achieved a total business of Rs.144,000 crore as on March 31, 2009,” K.R. Kamath, chairman and managing director of the bank, told reporters.
Of this amount, Rs.84,865 crore is from deposits and Rs.59,177 crore is from advances.
“The bank is aiming to achieve a total business of Rs.175,000 crore by March 2010 and Rs.200,000 crore by 2010-end,” Kamath added.
In the current fiscal, the bank is looking at a deposits and advance growth of 21-22 percent.
Asked about the effect of the financial slowdown on credit offtake, Kamath said: “Offtake is good in some sectors like power, roads and ports. But in sectors like exports, which were hit hard by the slowdown, offtake is relatively low.”
The bank Tuesday launched gold coins in the denomination of four, eight and 10 gms that would be sold to the public through its select branches.
- PNB's total business reaches Rs 6.21 lakh crore - Jan 22, 2012
- Allahabad Bank's net up 21.22 pc in Q2 - Nov 02, 2011
- IOB targets 20 percent business growth in 2012-13 - May 05, 2012
- Pranab asks banks to reduce non-performing assets - Jun 12, 2012
- Vijaya Bank net zooms 235 percent in Q4 - Apr 30, 2012
- IOB plans recovery of Rs.1,500 crore from sticky accounts (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Allahabad Bank reports 55 percent rise in Q4 net profit - May 05, 2012
- Deregulate savings bank account product wholly: PNB chief - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Delayed monsoon to affect credit offtake in farm sector' - Jul 09, 2012
- UCO Bank's net up 22.35 percent in Q3 - Jan 28, 2011
- City Union Bank to come out with rights issue - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- HDFC Bank net profit rises 34 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2011
- SBI expects 22 percent credit, 15 percent deposit growth (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Allahabad Bank net up 55.8 percent in fourth quarter - May 04, 2009